Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2010, 07:42 AM

Default Re: PT 192 Digital interface?

The 192 does come stock with 8 AES I/O, ADAT I/O and 8 Analog I/O, if I remember correctly. You should be able to tell by looking at the card slots on the back. AES will have a single DB25 connector and the Analog will have a DB25 for inputs and one for outputs.

Did you get a manual with your 192? If not, they are downloadable on the Digi site.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Seaberg View Post
The 192 does come stock with 8 AES I/O, ADAT I/O and 8 Analog I/O, if I remember correctly. You should be able to tell by looking at the card slots on the back. AES will have a single DB25 connector and the Analog will have a DB25 for inputs and one for outputs.

Did you get a manual with your 192? If not, they are downloadable on the Digi site.
Thanks Eric,
The 192 digital i/o came with 2 AES/EBU I/O cards, 2 sets of TDIF I/O, and 2 sets of ADAT I/O no Analog I/O.

I will got for the Digi PRE and the Danagerous D-BOX I will research first to make certain this will work. I am thinking DIGI PRE connected to 192 digital I/O via DB-25 connector and D-BOX connect to DIGI PRE for monitoring.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:15 AM

Right, I kept passing over the word 'DIGITAL'. The DigiPre won't work for you because it's analog out. You're going to have to get and Analog card for the 192, or someone else's mic pre rack that spits out AES or ADAT.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Seaberg View Post
Right, I kept passing over the word 'DIGITAL'. The DigiPre won't work for you because it's analog out. You're going to have to get and Analog card for the 192, or someone else's mic pre rack that spits out AES or ADAT.
Thanks, just have to pick the right AD/DA and mic pre.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:20 PM

Hi, what did you end up doing? I just got a similar setup (Digital 192 I/O interface, PCIe Core card), and I want to be able to monitor while tracking without the use of an expensive digital mixer. I own a presonus mic pre, and I was thinking of going from the adat out (I don't mind recording at 48khz, at least for now) into the adat input of one of the digital cards of the 192... would that work? If so, the next step is to get the audio into the monitoring system. Can I connect a spdf out from the 192 into the spdf in for the monitoring ("presonus central station" for example) can I use this setup while recording vocals? any latency issues? or is there no way out of having to get a converter, and how do you get the signal from the converter to the monitors?
sorry for the noob questions
Old 09-29-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluto View Post
Hi, what did you end up doing? I just got a similar setup (Digital 192 I/O interface, PCIe Core card), and I want to be able to monitor while tracking without the use of an expensive digital mixer. I own a presonus mic pre, and I was thinking of going from the adat out (I don't mind recording at 48khz, at least for now) into the adat input of one of the digital cards of the 192... would that work? If so, the next step is to get the audio into the monitoring system. Can I connect a spdf out from the 192 into the spdf in for the monitoring ("presonus central station" for example) can I use this setup while recording vocals? any latency issues? or is there no way out of having to get a converter, and how do you get the signal from the converter to the monitors?
sorry for the noob questions
the central station will accept digital inputs, yes. so 192 > spdif out > central station spdif in > monitors/cans

as for tracking, you'll either need a digital mic pre, or get the analog add on card for the 192. there are many more analog than digital pres.

http://overtheeffect.bandcamp.com