Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2012, 01:19 PM

Default TL Master Meter Not Working

PT 10.0.1
Digi 003

The TL Master Meter plugin doesn't appear to be working on my desktop 003 system; I upgraded my desktop and my laptop to PT 10.0.1 at the same time, and the plugin IS working on the laptop... any ideas what to try, to get it working?
Old 09-06-2012, 05:32 PM

Default Re: TL Master Meter Not Working

Did you ever figure this out?

TL Master Meter worked on both my PT9 and PT10 systems initially, then mysteriously stopped working. It will display the TL Master Meter window but the meters do not work and there is textual garbage where the numeric values are displayed.

The only thing I can think of that I did about the time it stopped working was adding an m-Audio Axiom Pro 61 midi controller to both systems. I'm thinking the driver may have overwritten a DLL (dynamic link library) that TL Master Meter uses. But that's just a wild guess. I really have no idea why it stopped working and continues to not work.

So, did you find the problem?

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:52 PM

Just a quick update for anyone else having this problem...

For me it was the m-audio Axiom Pro driver (version 6.0.3: AxiomPro_Installer_6_0_3_Driver_5_10_0_5134.exe). When I unistalled the driver, the TL Mastermeter began working normally again.

Downloaded the driver again paying close attention to operating system, service pack and 64 vs 32 bits. Reinstalled and things are working now.

My guess is that I downloaded the wrong driver for my operating system the first time, although it's difficult to know at this point because the file name appears to be the same no matter what version of the driver you download.

So if anyone else experiences this issue, this is at least one place to look.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:05 PM

Ok, one last comment just for the record...

The driver I downloaded was correct. The problem occurs when I configure the Axiom Pro 65 for use within Protools in the setup peripherals dialog. When the keyboard is configured for use, the TL Mastermeter stops working.

Deconfiguring the keyboard in the dialog allows the TL Mastermeter to start working again. On/off, on/off, as predictable as death and taxes.

So the workaround is, if I want to use the TL Mastermeter, I have to deconfigure the Axiom Pro.

You'd think a company that made both the hardware and the software could find a way to make them both work together wouldn't you!? Well, apparently not!

(And I won't even go into the issues I've had with my mbox pro subsequent to a firmware upgrade.)

For a company that supposedly defines the industry standard in audio, Avid certainly seems to have some serious quality control issues! I certainly did not expected these kinds of QC problems when I chose Protools.