Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2023, 06:31 PM

Default Pro Tools not launching because iLok not recognize my licenses

I have active Pro Tools licenses on my Ilok key, on the Ilok Manager and on my Avid account, all showing fine. However, when I launch Pro Tools and log in to my Ilok account, it says that

"You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of the licenses there ahve activations available. If you have an iLok USB device with a license activated on it, please plug it in now."

My ilok key was plugged in, but the only thing I can click is "quit" or "purchase a subscription". I have tried re-syinchronizing the Ilok on the Manager, restarting ilok manager, unplugging and replugging it, changing plugging sequences, reset the RAM, uninstall and reinstall Pro Tools and ILM, deactivate and reactivate the licenses, changing the USB ports, etc...I've tried so many different ways, anything I could find that people suggested.......

Alternately, I tried opening Avid Link prior to launching Pro tools. I click the "Activate" button, and it once again says "Pro tools license activated", but then I am met with different error messages:

"This software cannot be run because the activation experience thinks the authorization was found, but the wrapper could not verify it".

Also: "We notice that you do not have an active pro tools license in your account".

I'm running Mac mini 2011 OS High Sierra, Pro Tools 2019.5. I have licenses to Pro Tools Ultimate trial, Pro Tools Artist subscription....

I have a case with Avid Care : 04610733. they told me to re-synch and deactivate the trial license, I did both, still the same. Reported this and waiting for a reply.

It's been so frustrating and I've been spending so much time on this, can't even get Pro Tools to launch. I need to be able to get to work quickly.

Please help! Thank You!

Old 04-09-2023, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools not lauching because Ilok not recognize my licenses

This is a long shot, but it's worth a try, helped me once;
In ILM, file menu, select 'Close all cloud sessions'.
And try again.
Old 04-10-2023, 07:32 AM

Thank you very much Ben. I've tried that, too, but will try again. It's just so difficult to understand what's happening and why so many ways all not working. I will have to re-download and re-install everything and go slowly to implement every little tricks again.
Old 04-10-2023, 06:22 PM

tried all the tricks again, still the same. Avid customer care says I might have logged in a wrong account with no license in it, but I only have one account! I think it's Avid account problem that they could fix within, but no such help has come my way....
Old 04-10-2023, 09:35 PM

Welcome to the community.

I checked your iLok account and I only see a single Pro Tools Ultimate Subscription trial license. This should be a bundle that includes a Pro Tools Studio Subscription license as well, so I deposited that to get you up and running while CS looks into this. Please activate the Pro Tools Studio Subscription license as well to your iLok (right+click > Synchronize your iLok in iLok License Manager if needed) and report back with your results. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2023, 07:56 AM

Thank you very much jeffro! I have to try this later and will definitely let you know the result.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:16 AM

Hi jeffro: I just thought about the versions of PT and Mac. will PT Studio work or able to open with my Mac OS High Sierra? Thanks!
Old 04-11-2023, 09:25 AM

2020.12 was the last version of PT qualified on High Sierra. See avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/Compatibility/Pro-Tools-Operating-System-Compatibility-Chart

You can download that installer from the Avid Download Center linked from my.avid.com.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:43 AM

thank you.
Old 04-11-2023, 08:15 PM

Hi jeffro: thanks to your help, I finally am able to open PT without the license problem! What a relief! Appreciate your help so much! Activated the Studio and plugin bundles to my ilok and synched Ilok, also using PT 2020.12.

Just wondering which factor was the main blocker for PT to see the licenses (at first there were the plugins and Artist licenses on the ilok as well but still did not work, then yesterday I moved them back to the account only keeping the Ultimate as you saw). When you said "bundle", did you mean Ultimate and Studio must always be together? Or was it because I did not put the plugin bundles on the ilok? did PT version matter? going forward do I need to keep both Ultimate and Studio? sorry to ask so many questions, just want to make sure when I renew the licenses there won't be similar problems! Thank you again!