Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-21-2009, 09:56 PM

Default Routing an Output Pair to Multiple Destinations in PT LE?

I am trying to assign 2 pairs of interface outputs on my 002 to Output Pair 1-2 in PT.

Is this option available in PT LE?

The PT 7.4 Ref Guide describes 2 ways to do exactly this on pgs 48 and 56. However, while it doesn't specify that multiple destination routing is an HD-only feature, the instructions it gives involve pop-up menus my LE system does not seem to have. Specifically, there are no Output selectors in my I/O Output window.

This is my first foray beyond the default I/O settings. I've spent all day with the manual and I am stumped. Am I missing something or is this function simply unavailable in LE?

Does anyone more familiar know how I could route an Output Pair in my I/O to more than one 002 output pairs with PT LE?

(I am hoping to do this via an I/O configuration, and avoid having to assign multiple outs to all tracks individually)

Any insights would be greatly appreciated...Thank you!

-PT Newbie
Old 04-21-2009, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Routing an Output Pair to Multiple Destinations in PT LE?

You can't Overlap Outputs in the i/o Dialog A Quick Way to assign Each Track out "Multiple Outputs", is to hold Option down, while assigning any track out A 1-2 (To assign the Whole session out 1&2) then hold Control+Option+Cmd down, while assigning any track to A 3-4 (This in 1 click will mult your whole session out both HW outputs)

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App
Old 04-22-2009, 01:04 PM

That is an efficient way to assign all tracks to multiple outs, and ultimately may be my best bet, thanks for the reply.

Still, I am hoping to find out if this is possible to do with one configuration in the I/O setup in LE.

As per the Ref guide, in the I/O setup you can hold Control while selecting outputs for an interface pair and assign multiple destinations without overlapping. As far as I can tell, I don't have Output selectors.

Holding Control doesn't allow me to assign multiple outputs from a Master Fader either, though according to the Ref guide it should.

This is why I ask if anyone knows definitively if routing outs to multiple interface destinations is an unavailable function in LE, or am I overlooking something obvious?

Anyone?

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:08 PM

Just a note that if you configure this, as per Kingfish, in a template, then you are always ready to go...

It would be good to know the answer to your question because the Ref Guide is not clear if this is HD only...
Old 04-22-2009, 07:32 PM

I'm not sure I understand the exact question, but you can CONTROL click the output selector on any track to assign it to ADDITIONAL outputs (e.g. assigned to Output 1-2, and ALSO to bus 1-2)

it's a good way to assign subgroups for example, without using sends
Old 04-25-2009, 01:56 PM

Thanks for the feedback...while it certainly now seems this is an HD-only functionality, the upside is I'm excited by all the options available with the ctrl+click routing function...if only it worked on the Master Fader in LE!
4 GB RAM
Digi002R w/BLA Sig Mod
Old 04-25-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Finger View Post
<snip> .if only it worked on the Master Fader in LE!
For what it's worth, it doesn't work in HD either, in fact, I can't effectively assign "The master Fader" out another set of Analog i/o without going into the i/o dialog.

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App
Old 04-25-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Finger View Post
Thanks for the feedback...while it certainly now seems this is an HD-only functionality, the upside is I'm excited by all the options available with the ctrl+click routing function...if only it worked on the Master Fader in LE!
I use 2 Master Faders - one for each output pair. If you want the levels locked with each other, just create an active group with the 2 master faders.