Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2000, 12:02 AM

Default OMS Names

Hi,

I am just setting up my new Digi system on a G4/400 and can't find anywhere to set up patch names for my synths. OMS complains that no midi box is attached to the the ports. Can I do this through Galaxy or do I have to boot up my old computer and get the names files from that?
Old 05-15-2000, 02:41 PM
Avid

Default Re: OMS Names

If you want your patch names to show up in Pro Tools, you will need to use the OMS Names application which is included on your Pro Tools LE 5.0 Installer CD inside of the Beta/Bug Fix Software folder. Launch OMS Names. The column on the left will display all of the current devices in your OMS Setup file. Click once to highlight a device and choose “Subscribe” from the Names pull-down menu. Navigate to the Factory Names folder inside your OMS folder (Mac Hard Drive>System Folder>OMS Folder) and locate the profile from list and click Open. Once you have configured the list, click OK. Next time you launch Pro Tools, your patch names (and associated banks) will be available. Please remember that if you make any further changes in your OMS Setup, your patch name subscriptions will be lost and will need to be resubscribed. If a file for your device does not exist, you can create your own patch list using OMS names by selecting the device and choosing New Patch Document from the Names pull-down menu.

Brent