Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2008, 11:57 AM

Angry Upgraded Pro Tools - MIDI tracks gone.?

Beyond frustrating.

I upgraded to 7.4.2 and none of my MIDI tracks (from previous sessions) are playing..... M-Tron MIDI plugins to be specific.

Any help would be appreciated.

T
Old 10-05-2008, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Upgraded Pro Tools - MIDI tracks gone.?

What have you tried so far? Can you explain further about how you have your tracks setup? Normally M-Tron would go on an Instrument track, not a MIDI track, so check your signal and MIDI routing and then post back with more info if you're still stuck.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:26 PM

Yes, he's right. First move the M-Tron and midi data to an instrument track.

. . . But here is the real trick. . .

I heard this from one of the tech guys at GForce Software:

You need to select a physical input for the M-Tron inst track. Not sure why, but it works. Just select your S/PDIF input if you don't use it (or any other you wish) and you should hear sound.

NIKO
Old 10-06-2008, 10:30 AM

Thanks guys.... okay, so...... Like I was saying before; my M-Tron tracks were working perfectly UNTIL I upgraded Pro Tools to 7.4.2 at which point these tracks quit working...... I have uploaded a screen shot of my settings -- perhaps you can glance at this and tell me if something is out of place?

Is there a reason I would have to re-route after upgrading?

Thanks alot!

here is the screen shot:
http://www.zoobuzzmedia.com/printer/tracks1.jpg
Old 10-06-2008, 10:42 AM

All The M-Tron's in that screenshot are bypassed. Try enabling them and see if that helps.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:22 AM

Talk about feeling like an idiot......

The tracks were in fact bypassed but the reason for this was because I had "Low Latency Monitoring" on........ I turned this off and everything is working perfecto again...

ANOTHER QUESTION.......... Similar issue really -- I am attempting to use ELASTIC AUDIO on a session however when applying Poloyphonic to all of the tracks - 4 of them are remaining grayed out which is keeping me from being able to Increase the temp of the entire session........ Any possible idea why these 4 aren't responding? These tracks aren't anything special, they're regular Audio tracks (electric drums)..... The other 4 drum tracks processed with no problems; could there be something I'm overlooking here? (Tracks grayed out: HighHat, Tom1, Tom2, Tom3).

Here is a screen shot: http://zoobuzzmedia.com/printer/1.jpg

Love this forum! Thanks

T