Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2023, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Does anyone actually have an XMON working with a Dock and Avid Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
You probably already have this but in case. http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...uide_83535.pdf Pin out is in there. FYI we sold over 1000 XMON EUCON kits so we know it works
That's very reassuring Eddie! Yeah, it turns out I've downloaded that document about five times already lol
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS
Old 05-23-2023, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Does anyone actually have an XMON working with a Dock and Avid Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Russell View Post
Yes. Exactly that. It was the simplest solution.
Old 05-24-2023, 09:02 AM

ITS WORKING! The MIDI interface that came with the cheap EBAY connection kit was defective. So apparently also was my old MOTU Fastlane. I bought and installed an iConnectivity MIO and everything worked perfectly! I just purchased the proper connection kit from Avid...
Old 05-24-2023, 11:55 AM

OK, next question!

I don't see any of my alt inputs in the monitoring tab of the Avid Control app. Help? Ideas?
Old 05-24-2023, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Russell View Post
OK, next question!

I don't see any of my alt inputs in the monitoring tab of the Avid Control app. Help? Ideas?
You have to set them up. They don't auto-populate. Click and hold on an input tile and then your input options will appear in the center to assign.
Old 05-25-2023, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscout View Post
you have to set them up. They don't auto-populate. Click and hold on an input tile and then your input options will appear in the center to assign.
my hero! Thanks!
Old 02-01-2024, 02:25 PM

I don't want to start another thread for similar subject, however I have some really basic questions about Xmon software installation.

I got the device, and will make the cable. The connection part is clear to me.
My primary PT system is PT10HD running on OSX Mavericks.
In ideal world I'd like to use Avid Control iOS app, however, not sure if it's possible under 10.9. I'm fine to run another instance of modern MacOS just for Xmon management or stuck to 10.9 app only.

What SW should I install:
  • Does the S6 Workstation package contains all required SW modules? Xmon, WSconnect etc?
  • What is the latest version of "S6MacWorkstationInstall" I can use with PT10HD? Does it actually integrates with PT10HD or just running next to it?
  • What's the best/most reliable version of "S6MacWorkstationInstall" to run on a modern Mac just for Xmon purpose?

Thank you, All and sorry it's a learning curve to me.
Old 02-01-2024, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftaudio View Post
I don't want to start another thread for similar subject, however I have some really basic questions about Xmon software installation.

I got the device, and will make the cable. The connection part is clear to me.
My primary PT system is PT10HD running on OSX Mavericks.
In ideal world I'd like to use Avid Control iOS app, however, not sure if it's possible under 10.9. I'm fine to run another instance of modern MacOS just for Xmon management or stuck to 10.9 app only.

What SW should I install:
  • Does the S6 Workstation package contains all required SW modules? Xmon, WSconnect etc?
  • What is the latest version of "S6MacWorkstationInstall" I can use with PT10HD? Does it actually integrates with PT10HD or just running next to it?
  • What's the best/most reliable version of "S6MacWorkstationInstall" to run on a modern Mac just for Xmon purpose?

Thank you, All and sorry it's a learning curve to me.
Do you have an S6?
If you don't, you don't need that software. You just need the Xmon application. Modern Eucontrol won't work with your Pro Tools but should work with the modern Xmon application. I just don't think the current versions will run on macOS 10.9.

You need Eucontrol on your computer and Control app on the tablet to match in versions and that's going to be hard for you to do on your current macOS version (and you'll only be able to get the most recent Control app in any App store for a tablet.) You could run Eucontrol on a different computer (one that handles just the Xmon and Eucontrol like the cheapest mac mini you can get) so that you can run a newer version of macOS. There's no requirement that it has to be on the same computer as your Pro Tools.

Also the Xmon software is in the Eucon Workstation installer: "EUCON_WorkstationUnifiedInstallMac_2023_11_0_ 121" is the latest. You hit "Customize" and select XMon during the installation.

Last edited by BScout; 02-01-2024 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-01-2024, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Do you have an S6?
If you don't, you don't need that software. You just need the Xmon application. Modern Eucontrol won't work with your Pro Tools but should work with the modern Xmon application. I just don't think the current versions will run on macOS 10.9.

You need Eucontrol on your computer and Control app on the tablet to match in versions and that's going to be hard for you to do on your current macOS version (and you'll only be able to get the most recent Control app in any App store for a tablet.) You could run Eucontrol on a different computer (one that handles just the Xmon and Eucontrol like the cheapest mac mini you can get) so that you can run a newer version of macOS. There's no requirement that it has to be on the same computer as your Pro Tools.

Also the Xmon software is in the Eucon Workstation installer: "EUCON_WorkstationUnifiedInstallMac_2023_11_0_ 121" is the latest. You hit "Customize" and select XMon during the installation.
No S6, but that's where I thought Xmon package used to sit before EUCON unified installer came out.
I think I'll go the route that you suggested. It seems it doesn't require any extra license just to run this part, right?
Old 02-01-2024, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftaudio View Post
No S6, but that's where I thought Xmon package used to sit before EUCON unified installer came out.
I think I'll go the route that you suggested. It seems it doesn't require any extra license just to run this part, right?
No license needed for any of the Eucon/Eucontrol/Xmon stuff.