Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-12-2002, 09:31 AM

Default Three little (!) editing bugs (for Brent)

Hi all.
Three little (!) editing bugs
#1:
in shuffle mode you cannot make longer a region on the left side with the trimmer, when the region is at the beginning of the session. The only way is to go in slip mode, move the region to the right, trim it and then move to the left. It's very annoying when you have many regions.
#2:
in shuffle mode you cannot make longer a region on the right side with the trimmer, longer then the neighbouring region. You have to trim step by step. It's very annoying if you have a very little neighbouring region. But you can do it on the left side!!
#3:
some years ago I've found two bugs in PT 5.0; they were solved in PT 5.0.1. There was another editing bug I posted on this DUC without any answer:
two contiguous regions, make a crossfade between the regions to avoid the click, but there is still the click. Go to the crossfade window to manage the crossfade and solve all clicks. Press OK and return to the tracks: the click is still living!! Return to the crossfade window: there wasn't any click. Press OK and return to the tracks: the click is still living!! This happens on mono, stereo and multiple tracks. There is a slight difference between crossfade window and crossfade on tracks. sometimes is a little difference, sometimes it is a big difference. I was an old Digi user and I can say that this happened since Sound Designer years. Anyone on this DUC have experienced this?
LM
Old 02-12-2002, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Three little (!) editing bugs (for Brent)

!!!
Thought it was me...
Noted with much interest.
Old 02-12-2002, 08:01 PM

I've had the crossfade problem, but I thought it was me not doing it properly!
Old 02-13-2002, 01:59 AM

Where were you guys last week?
I posted all about these fade issues. No one backed me up..
Digi says its because as of 5.1 (or so) the fades can not be created over the existing length of the audio "REGION". What the!..?!?!.. Why the hell not?.
THe older, better, limitation was the simple rule that fades could not be apllied across the existing audio FILE length. I cant figure out why this has changed.
I wanted to figure out what the Hell Digi was thinking when they made the fade options so bizare and seemingly un-helpfull.
You cant even select multiple edit points and then apply a fade to them. It makes those "half fades" that stil "pop", cause there are not really doing a real crossfade.
It drives me MAD!
I am constantly trying to apply a fade to many edit points. After I edit a track, I need to be able to select the whole track and then apply a few miliseconds fade across the whole track's worth of edit points. For 4 years every app that I used did this. Now , all of sudden, Pro tools has made this a NON option.
It is terrible.
Old 02-13-2002, 06:47 AM

oh ur sorry.
must've missed you there.
but we're here now chomps.
Old 02-13-2002, 09:51 AM

Brent?
LM
Old 02-14-2002, 08:00 AM
Avid

1- Good one. However, I don't know of any way to do this. I will enter it as feature request.

2- I think this is a bug. it works on the PC in 5.1.1 but not the Mac in 5.3 or 5.1.3. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

3-PT needs audio data beyond the region boundaries in order to construct a fade (this is called an extending item crossfade). If this underlying audio data has a click in it, then you'll have a click in the crossfade.

Brent
Old 02-14-2002, 02:10 PM

Thanks Brent.
#3:
of course I was talking about regions with audio data beyond the region boundaries and without clicks in it !! The problem I can't solve is the difference (many times) I can hear in crossfade between crossfade window and crossfade (when I click the OK botton) on tracks
LM [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2002, 02:23 PM

lol chompers im in the same boat whit you