Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 12-21-2020, 01:22 PM

Default Dead E3 engine

Hi all,

One of my E3 engines is apparently dead, it boots all right and discovers both the s16 and the s3 surface but the engine picture on the devices tab appears greyed out with an exclamation sign and no audio passes through the console. Hovering the mouse over the engine icon gives a “not available” status on MAC address, I/O firmware version and network switch firmware version. A warning is on the bottom that states: “VENUE is currently waiting for connection to the E3 Engine I/O and the E3 Engine network switch”. Tried restoring a couple times with no effect, opened the engine and checked all cables, they all seem to be ok, checked the SD card on the auxiliary next to the mobo against the one on my other engine and they seem to be identical. Swapped the mobo between engines and same problem.

Obviously there’s some issue with the internal switch. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Old 12-24-2020, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Dead E3 engine

Hello, I believe the best way to go is as always, contact Avid Live Sound support.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Dead E3 engine

Sounds like an internal AVB network card issue, wich usually mess up the entire system if it's the case.
Did you have a look under Windows at all the network cards ?
Did you verify that the internal AVB card got the proper ip adress to work with Venue System ?