Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-23-2005, 04:52 AM

Default No sound from \"Aux Input\" and \"Instrument\" tracks

Hi guys,

My system:
Software: Windows XP Home, SP 2
Pro Tools version: PT LE 7
Soundcard: MBox 2
Controller: CME UF-8

My problem:
I created a new "Instrument" track, loaded SampleTank2 SE into the Instrument track, and played the controller. I can see the keyboard in SampleTank2 show the keys I am pressing, and in the Arrange window in PT, I can see the volume meter go up and down to indicate that there is sound being generated. But I can't hear anything from the MBox 2. I already have the "Monitor" and "Mix" knobs on the MBox 2 turned to the maximum, but still can't hear anything. Same story when I insert SampleTank2 into an "Aux Track", then create a "Midi" track to trigger the "Aux Track". Again, I can see the meter move but can't hear anything.

BUT, when I create an "Audio" track and insert SampleTank2 into that Audio track, then use a "Midi" track to trigger SampleTank2, I can hear the sounds that I play.

In all of the above tracks, I have selected Analog 1-2 as the output, so it should go straight through the analog outputs. This only happens for the "Audio" track and not for the "Instrument" or "Aux track". In fact, audio files in the "Aux track" does not come out of the MBox 2 either. Is this how it works?

Does anyone know if I need to change any settings to hear sound from the "Aux" or "Instrument" tracks?

Many thanks!

slowdude
Old 12-23-2005, 06:33 AM

Default Re: No sound from \"Aux Input\" and \"Instrument\" tracks

hello slow dude, aux and instrument tracks are created with the faders levels all the way down. could this be the problem?
Old 12-23-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: No sound from \"Aux Input\" and \"Instrument\" tra

Try assigning an unused audio input at the track input. Some plugs need this.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:52 AM

Quote:
hello slow dude, aux and instrument tracks are created with the faders levels all the way down. could this be the problem?
This was my first thought. It happened to me. Why is that? Is there a reason why Aux tracks default to zero fader when you create them?
Old 12-23-2005, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
This was my first thought. It happened to me. Why is that? Is there a reason why Aux tracks default to zero fader when you create them?
Since these channels run HOT (that is they pipe whatever signal is coming in without u clicking on the record button) and if u inadvertantly have something piped through a given channel at a high volume you could potentially blow your headphones/speakers.

--davec
StudioFX Multimedia
SpellWell Software
Old 12-25-2005, 03:46 AM

Hey guys!

Thanks for the help! The default fader position is all the way down! Funny I didn't see it though... I guess its because Logic usually displays on the bar graph nothing if the fader is all the way down... Problem solved!

slowdude