Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2002, 06:50 AM

Default USD is stuck in Generate Mode!!!! Help!!!

G4 450 mhz/OS9.2.2/756MB RAM/PT v5.1.1/ATTO SCSI DC card/ 7-slot Expansion Chassis/Mix3 system/Aurora Fuse Video/ 888/1622/USD

My USD seems to be stuck in Generate mode and it prevents me from having my normal machine control (want to lay audio back to a 3/4" deck)

Before I launch PT I'll set the USD Positional Reverence to LTC mode and it appears to be fine ?(as far as LED's go) Then I'll launch PT. Once it is up an running...it changes the USD to generate mode. I'll go to the session setup widow and "Generate" is not enabled but the USD is still in generate mode. I'll click on and off in the setup window...no change. Power cycling the USD makes no difference. The USD setup option is turnied of in my Peripherals settings...as I connect the USD via the DigiSerialPort and appearantly using the USD Setup application and DigiSerialPort at the same time are a no no.

Anyone had this problem? Or something similar.

If I had my druthers I'd just throw this 3/4" deck out the window and not layback at all...but it's not my studio [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks

Steve

www.stephenshirk.com
www.pinknoise.com
Old 09-17-2002, 08:28 AM

Default Re: USD is stuck in Generate Mode!!!! Help!!!

Don't use "Serial TimeCode" it puts the USD into GENERATE permanently. You can bypass this by pressing the Clock Reference, Positional Reference, and Frame Rate buttons simultaneously. This unlocks the USD from the Setup app and you can un-generate.

Why not connect the USD to the DigiSerial Port, and Machine Control via the MacSerial Port. Connect a mic cable from LTC of 3/4" to USD. In the Peripherals dialog, set the USD to be on the DigiSerial Port, and enable 9-Pin. Do NOT select "use serial timecode for positional ref" Set the Clock source in the Session Setup window to your clock source (I use Word1x for my Aardsync) and Positional Reference to LTC.

That's how I've been doing it for years.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2002, 01:28 PM

Default Re: USD is stuck in Generate Mode!!!! Help!!!

Thanks,,,I'l try that.

I've just been using the setup that the guys who set up our system (VCA/ fusion in NY) told me to use. I've learned over the last year how little these guys actually know about PT. Users rule!.....salesmen suck.

www.stephenshirk.com
www.pinknoise.com