Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2011, 01:06 AM

Default No audio when changing buffer size in Pro Tools 9

When I change buffer sizes in Pro Tools everything looks like it should be working fine with all meters showing output. But I get no sound. When I close and reopen the session it works fine. This is pretty anoying to have to do everytime, especially when dealing with large sessions.

The only thing I can think of is that I'm using a Lynx Aes16e card and maybe its has a problem with buffer changes in PT? Otherwise it must another PT9 problem.

Anyone having this problem?
Old 01-13-2011, 02:06 AM

Default Re: No audio when changing buffer size in Pro Tools 9

I cant change the BufferSize at all, I have to change it in the RME DSP settings and restart Protools :/ and after that I get a ILok missing Error :)
Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 AM

Try toggling your I/O (or at least the main output) assignment - drag the left port assignment to a new port and back. See if that brings back playback.

I have this issue with importing video, mp3s, changing buffer/cpu limits, etc. Toggling I/O ports fixes it, but I also have to toggle one of every single input pair from slave PCs as well - a pain.

MOTU 2408 mk3 here. I think PT is dropping contact with the ASIO driver and toggling ports initiates some sort of reconnect, and since I think ASIO works in pairs, only toggling one of each stereo pair works.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:12 PM

I have the same problem with the same interface. Definitely annoying. The meters are moving, faders are automating, but no sound until I restart.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:43 PM

It is astonishing how unstable audio recording software is and how it is marketed and sold with no-return policies and with the expectation that musicians must spend literally hundreds of hours troubleshooting and essentially beta testing these products. I have never encountered a software category that is so fraught with endless idiocyncracies, requirements and incompatibilities.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:38 PM

I'm experiencing the same issue. Meters are lighting up, but my Aurora shows no signal. I'm on an RME HDSPe AES PCIe card.

Right now, I'm going between this issue, and the play/pause stuck issue. It's driving me up the wall. DigiTech? Please chime in.

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 01-14-2011, 12:08 AM

Cosign guys, I wish audio software would be as stable as for example a Roland MV8000, no hickups at nearby zero latency. I know its not compareable but one can dream
Old 01-14-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dterry View Post
Try toggling your I/O (or at least the main output) assignment - drag the left port assignment to a new port and back. See if that brings back playback.

I have this issue with importing video, mp3s, changing buffer/cpu limits, etc. Toggling I/O ports fixes it, but I also have to toggle one of every single input pair from slave PCs as well - a pain.

MOTU 2408 mk3 here. I think PT is dropping contact with the ASIO driver and toggling ports initiates some sort of reconnect, and since I think ASIO works in pairs, only toggling one of each stereo pair works.
This made it work. Switching my I/O. But seriously, how ghetto.

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 01-14-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeyBwah View Post
But seriously, how ghetto.
Haha I agree. Maybe they can write a patch that will automatically toggle it back and forth every time we change the buffer.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:48 AM

So is this a lynx ae16e issue or are there people out there getting this with other interfaces? I emailed lynx and am waiting to hear back. Will post the reply.