Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2012, 09:11 PM

Default Re: synchroarts VocALign VerUP!

So I am trying the Demo of Vocalign Pro 4.1.8 and at first I couldn't get it to do anything at all. Then after youtube videos, reading the manual and just plain trial and error I have begun to get pleasing results. Strangely, this is simply by using the latest version for Pro Tools 10.0.1 on OSX and not really using any settings other than the ones it preloads upon opening the plug in.

I am hoping someone here can shed some light on if I am doing this properly.

What I am doing is syncing a second take to the original one that is not quite lined up and in some cases well off.

Here is what I am doing, please correct me if I am doing something incorrectly:

1:Make sure the Guide and the Dub track are both the same size/and have the same starting point on the grid. I am cleaning up the vocals first and deleting the space between the actual words sung and the background noise of the mic.
2:I open the plug in
3:Then select the original take clip that sounds the most in sync as the Guide and select Capture
4:Then select the dub track and select dub and capture
5:It seems all I do after that is highlight the dub track and then click on Spot and it process and aligns all on it's own and then replaces the original audio with the newly processed audio.

That's it? When I mess with anything else it seems to do nothing...but when I do it like this.. with Time not Frequency selected.. I get very desirable results.

I feel like there is a lot more to this plug in, but this is the only way I get anything to work. Oh, and with the latest version.. the Spot handle is completely greyed out now.

Please let me know what I can do to get the best results and if I am doing this correctly. I really have a great track in my hands and all it needs is a little doctoring on the vocal takes and it will be solid.

Thanks in advanced
Old 02-05-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numi View Post
So I am trying the Demo of Vocalign Pro 4.1.8 and at first I couldn't get it to do anything at all. Then after youtube videos, reading the manual and just plain trial and error I have begun to get pleasing results. Strangely, this is simply by using the latest version for Pro Tools 10.0.1 on OSX and not really using any settings other than the ones it preloads upon opening the plug in.

I am hoping someone here can shed some light on if I am doing this properly.

What I am doing is syncing a second take to the original one that is not quite lined up and in some cases well off.

Here is what I am doing, please correct me if I am doing something incorrectly:

1:Make sure the Guide and the Dub track are both the same size/and have the same starting point on the grid. I am cleaning up the vocals first and deleting the space between the actual words sung and the background noise of the mic.
2:I open the plug in
3:Then select the original take clip that sounds the most in sync as the Guide and select Capture
4:Then select the dub track and select dub and capture
5:It seems all I do after that is highlight the dub track and then click on Spot and it process and aligns all on it's own and then replaces the original audio with the newly processed audio.

That's it? When I mess with anything else it seems to do nothing...but when I do it like this.. with Time not Frequency selected.. I get very desirable results.

I feel like there is a lot more to this plug in, but this is the only way I get anything to work. Oh, and with the latest version.. the Spot handle is completely greyed out now.

Please let me know what I can do to get the best results and if I am doing this correctly. I really have a great track in my hands and all it needs is a little doctoring on the vocal takes and it will be solid.

Thanks in advanced
Set your file handles to 0
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Set your file handles to 0
^^^ Correct. ^^^

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-06-2012, 09:11 AM

I haven't been setting my handles to 0 and I currently don't see any problems. What is the reason for setting the handles to 0? When does this solve an issue?
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 02-06-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
^^^ Correct. ^^^
The latest version 4.1.8 does this automatically, follow the link at the beginning of this thread and the release notes specify this. I guess until the fix it is disabled for now.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numi View Post
The latest version 4.1.8 does this automatically, follow the link at the beginning of this thread and the release notes specify this. I guess until the fix it is disabled for now.

Odd... I have 4.1.6. When I went to look for 4.1.8 all it had for d/l was 4.1.5..... Strange times indeed. I'm d/l'ing anyways just to see if it opens with a different version number.

Let's hope the guy in charge of coding their pages isn't the guy trying to fix the prog.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:45 PM

http://www.synchroarts.com/FAQ/ProTools10/
Old 02-06-2012, 05:41 PM

can anyone explain what the actual reason is for the file handles option anyway?
Old 02-06-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumzalicious View Post
can anyone explain what the actual reason is for the file handles option anyway?
are you asking, why have Audio Suite processing with handels?
extending and blending so no one hears the edit(s)

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 02-06-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Odd... I have 4.1.6. When I went to look for 4.1.8 all it had for d/l was 4.1.5..... Strange times indeed. I'm d/l'ing anyways just to see if it opens with a different version number.

Let's hope the guy in charge of coding their pages isn't the guy trying to fix the prog.
I also have 4.1.6 and I am not having any issues keeping the handles at 2.00. I am running VocAlign Pro.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio