Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: PT LE with LOGIC pro7

Quote:
I'm also familiar with the 'dance' but are you guys able to use MIDI through the 002 into Logic? That's where the rest of us are running into trouble...

Thanks
Yes - midi is working ok..have my trusty old Korg M1 going midi into the 002.

Just thought of something... have you downloaded the ProApp update from Apple website ?

G5 Dual 1.8 /1.5 Gb Ram
OSX 10.4.7
PT LE 7.3 cs1
DIGI 002
Waves Ren
Sony Bundle
Soundtoys-arama
NI Komplete 3
Old 09-21-2005, 01:43 AM

Hi guys!

The problem is the Apple ProApp-Update!

A friend of mine has just the same configuration like me: (except the dual CPU-G5 - mine is a single)
Digi002, LogicPro 6.4.3, CoreAudio 6.9, OSX 10.3.9 and his midi-input still works.

The only thing he doesn't have installed on his system is this freagin Pro-Application update.

All my troubles began with this update.

I'm trying to find out what it is... stay tuned

Greets!
alex
Old 09-21-2005, 02:37 AM

We 're not alone...:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/[email protected]/0

http://discussions.info.apple.com/[email protected]

Seems to be the Security-Update...

greets
Old 09-21-2005, 05:14 AM

Quote:

....beware two things are being mixed here, - I haven't heard anyone having problems with the ProApp update. It's meant especially for stuff like Logic a.o. It's not a security update. Precise details help nail the problem.

lnl
Old 09-21-2005, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Quote:

....beware two things are being mixed here, - I haven't heard anyone having problems with the ProApp update. It's meant especially for stuff like Logic a.o. It's not a security update. Precise details help nail the problem.

lnl
I installed the ProApp-Update (and maybe also the SecurityUpdate at the same time - i'm not shure about that...). But seems logical to me that also LogicPRO uses some PROApplication-Libraries.

After this, nothing else worked on my Digi002. I installed CA 6.9 and LP 6.4.3.
This fixed mit Audio-Problems but not midi. That's how it was. So i thougt it must be the ProApp-Update. (cause my friend's system is still running - without the ProApp-Update and - thats the point now - also without the SecurityUpdate. All other software is identical to my system.)

While browsing the apple-support-discussion sites, I've found the treats about midi and the security update... So... Could be the SU as well.

Feedbacks about those updates are very welcome...
Old 09-21-2005, 03:37 PM

ok - I didn't have any midi problems with OSX 10.3.8/PTLE 6.9/LP 6.4.3 and 7.1 with or without the proapp update, and no midi problems with OSX 10.4.2/PTLE 6.9.2cs3/LP 7.1 either. Sorry I can't be of more help on that one.

as you can see above I did have serious problems with the Digi Core Audio Driver, and it is still acting funny with GarageBand!?

lnl
Old 09-21-2005, 10:19 PM

If it's any help - I installed the ProApp update, but not the Security Update.

Be careful -there are 2 ProApp updates on apple's website - one for Panther , and one for Tiger

G5 Dual 1.8 /1.5 Gb Ram
OSX 10.4.7
PT LE 7.3 cs1
DIGI 002
Waves Ren
Sony Bundle
Soundtoys-arama
NI Komplete 3
Old 09-28-2005, 12:19 PM

I went to 10.4, still the same problem.

I want to clarify my problem a bit. First, even after reading about it, I still feel like an idiot regarding the environment. That said - at some point, after some kind of update, things changed. I no longer had any MIDI input. It used to be, when I played a key on my keyboard, the corresponding note in the transport (?) window would show the note coming in. Also, in my default set up it used to have an "output 1-2" track. The track is still there, but it has a red line through it and it says "no output."

My environment window, when I open it, just has what seems to be a copy of my track mixer window - all my tracks.

Help!
Old 09-28-2005, 06:41 PM

better update to 10.4.2... Sounds like there are some Logic issues, you may get better help on a Logic forum like Sonikmatter.

One thing you could try is to rerun Logics setup assistant and make sure your rig is all set up and connected first. You may want to trash the preference file before doing that. Good luck!
Old 09-30-2005, 09:20 AM

OK update - I had gone to 4.2.... didn't help.

I did an environment tutorial, and when I set up my QT synth, my capslock keyboard does play. What this book tells me is that the problem is not with Logic, but with the OS seeing MIDI from the 002... I think. I've uninstalled PT, so I don't have any other apps to try it out in, but that is a recommendation I got - if you are having this problem, try your MIDI in another app. If you can get it there, then you've got Logic problems - if not, it's somewhere else...