Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: PT LE with LOGIC pro7

Hi,
I have been following this post hoping there would be some resolution to the issue. I just updated core audio to the new stand alone core audio for tiger, and my midi ports on my 002 no longer work (specifically, when I launch logic a message appears stating midi port 1 and 2 no longer exists). Audio works fine. Tried the above and trashed files in preferences with no luck. No problems before when was using Panther and older core audio. Please help, have a project due soon.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:48 PM

I'm still without MIDI. I have tried all sorts of configurations. Nothing helps. Trashing prefs doesn't help.

I am wondering if a workaround solution for this might be to have a MIDI keyboard connected by USB, bypassing the 002 entirely. Will that work, or will it be 'blocked' by the CA manager if the 002 is still being used for audio?
Old 09-14-2005, 03:37 PM

...me too...
I've tried to delete the preferences -> only one midi-port left in AMS and those no-editable Midi-in and -out fields.
I've tried some combinations with the new generated com.apple.audio.AudioMIDISetup.plist and the old one. Also with the com.apple.MIDI.a bunch of numbers and letters.plist. This way I get the ports back in AMS but nothing else...
Also with a new installation of CA 6.9

After this I've tried to edit the ports in the bunch-of-numbers... preflist and saw some misterious entries like no uniqueID's, no second port specified, and stuff like this...
Do you have a correct file, Mr. DigiTech?
Or maybe something else to try... ? I still can't use my digi...

Thx!
Alex
Old 09-15-2005, 11:28 AM

Is there ANYBODY AT ALL who is making Logic Pro 7 work with a digi 002? Logic claims that the non-standardness of DIGI's coreaudio driver is the issue.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:30 PM

Yes - I'm on a G5 DP 1.8
OSX 10.3.9
PT 6.7cs9
Digi002
Logic Pro 7.1

BTW - You have to launch the Core audio manager -and click Connect before you launch Logic, though that doesn't work 100% of the time. Sometimes you have to do this weird little dance...

1. Launch Logic - it' brings up the error "Audio device removed etc etc"
2. Quit Logic.
3. Launch Digi Core Audio Manager
4. Launch Logic again...select 002 as the Audio hardware
5.Write music.

Hope this helps..

G5 Dual 1.8 /1.5 Gb Ram
OSX 10.4.7
PT LE 7.3 cs1
DIGI 002
Waves Ren
Sony Bundle
Soundtoys-arama
NI Komplete 3
Old 09-16-2005, 05:01 PM

PB 17" 1.5GHz 1.5Gram
OSX 10.4.2
002r/PTLE 6.9.2cs3
Logic Pro 7.1

Yeah, I know that silly dance so well, - it has stopped since I updated to Tiger+6.9 I am glad to tell.

But I still have to do a similar workaround for GarageBand though. Whenever I open GB there is intense digital noise from the speakers, the solution is: reset audio prefs to internal sound driver, which stops the noise, - then re-reset the audio prefs to digis core audio driver, which now works fine - until next time you open GB.

I noticed that in the core audio driver window it says:

-not connected(HW in use) [not so!!!]
-attached clients: 0!!!!???

Makes no sense. It looks like the digi driver and apple stuff doesn't communicate too well.

Anyway it's partly solved in 10.4.2, hope they sort it out soon.

lnl
Old 09-18-2005, 10:56 PM

I'm also familiar with the 'dance' but are you guys able to use MIDI through the 002 into Logic? That's where the rest of us are running into trouble...

Thanks
Old 09-19-2005, 04:01 AM

no midi problem here, oo2r>Logic Pro 7.1 on 10.4.2/6.9.2cs3!

lnl
Old 09-19-2005, 12:06 PM

Quote:
no midi problem here, oo2r>Logic Pro 7.1 on 10.4.2/6.9.2cs3!

lnl
Do you mind going a bit more into detail about your set up? Your keyboard to the 002 - MIDI OUT from key to MIDI IN on 002? Then it just works automatically with Logic?

If this is the case, I am more convinced than ever it has something to do with various updates not quite jiving. I haven't moved to 10.4 yet, perhaps I should.

Also, what do you mean when you say "cs3" at the end? I didn't get that...

Thanks
Old 09-19-2005, 05:51 PM

I actually use two ways to get midi into Logic, one is a Korg Kontrol 49 on USB and the other is a Yamaha p250 on the 002r midi in port. They work at the same time without any problems (in this setup at least). I am not an environment jedi, but there is a way to set up Logic to make sure that midi input from any source is routed to the sequencer object or whatever. I didn't do anything to my setup though, so apparently it just works by default.

If you look at the top of the stickies in this forum you'll see that the latest update is now 6.9.2cs4, - cs meaning Customer Support, updates containing particular software improvements for some or all users. See more on download page if you like.

I didn't notice any midi problems before but had all kinds of issues with the CAD that seems to be mostly gone after the update to 10.4.2 and 6.9.2cs3, I am gonna have a look at the cs4 now.

Good luck!
lnl