Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2022, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Unable to run Pro Tools on my Mac M1 Mini

Your perpetual license will work on a compatible macOS. It will not run on a newer os.
Old 10-30-2022, 06:42 AM

You have to pay to get the newer versions of Pro Tools that will work w your cool machine. I think it's worth it. Or get the free version. The perpetual licences went out of date a few years back - and it's expensive to update your plan - so leave your perpetual license alone and download the free version and see how you like it.
Or you CAN keep your perpetual license and get the update plan - which is what I've done. But all of this could cost you a somewhat pretty penny.
What some do is pay for the update, get the new version that will run on your machine and then let the annual subscription lapse. But the silicon version of Pro Tools should be here fairly soon - and that will be a glorious day you might wanna keep your subscription going for. Actually, the subscriptions are for a year so you would probably be able to get the new silicon version if you buy a year subscription now.
Mac Studio Ultra / 128 RAM/2TB HD / Avid HDX Chassis / 2 X Sonnet Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Docks w Samsung 970 EVO Plus (6TB) / Avid C24 / Avid 16X16 I/O Analog / Lynx Aurora 16/16 1/O Analog / Dangerous 2 Bus / Benchmark ADC1
www.glasswing.com
www.richardsales.com
Old 11-16-2022, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evank999 View Post
Thank you @nednednerb I'm glad it's so simple for all of you. You guys really have a way of making people feel like morons. But thank you for clarifying what I thought initially which was the the numbers just happen to match. I haven't used pro tools for a long time, I switched to Ableton years ago for my DAW and just wanted to launch pro tools and do some simple voice recording to record and master an audio version of a book I'm about to publish. I can use Garageband but I have so many pro tools plugins I know I can get a better sounding result in PT. I did not anticipate so many troubles launching this app. I do not think I can get v2022.9 without upgrading for over $300 for a new 1-year updates and support package. It's ridiculously expensive for a "perpetual license" that I paid extra for because they called it "perpetual." Which means "forever" not "we'll stop it from working at some time in the future and cause you to pay $300+ per year to keep it active" So forgive me for being at the same time disappointed, confused, and shaking my head at the snark and lack of helpfulness of most comments here.
I read this and agree. I thought this was a friendly community. It really did sound like a couple of people were trying to help but, with a talking down to you attitude because they know a bit more than you and they wanted everyone to recognized them as being very smart. Come on! Leave the ego's at the door and play nice.