Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 11-22-2015, 09:27 AM

Default Apollo users: Crashing and bugs in Pro tools resolved.

Hey all,

I've been having a lot of various bugs, freezing and crashes and have found the issue that has seemingly resolved them!

I was experiencing, crashing on offline bounces with VI's, crashes on opening VI's, freezing during midi note editing, random full Pro tools crashes, and a bunch of other crashes and freezings.

I narrowed it down to removing the Apollo as the playback engine and all the bugs and crashes weren't happening. I checked all my physical connections and replaced all of the cables, reseated the Thunderbolt card and it was still no good.

I called Universal Audio tech support and after about 20 minutes of troubleshooting we found that the Console was the culprit. After reseting the Console (by holding control/option/command and hit Q) all of the issues went away in Pro tools!

I'm posting this in the hopes that other guys using the Apollo and having issues might benefit from my experience.

Hope this helps someone!
Old 11-22-2015, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Apollo users: Crashing and bugs in Pro tools resolved.

Thanks. Good info to be aware of.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Apollo users: Crashing and bugs in Pro tools resolved.

Man I hope this works, I keep having the PT session say that "an external app" has changed the I/O and goes into a loop of saving and reopening the session.
Usually I've just rebooted the system and it works again. But lately happening more often! (admittedly, my system is very old.)
PT 2022.10
UAD-2 Apollo Quad, PCIE and Satellite