Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 05-21-2021, 09:08 AM

Default M1 Logic Pro X & EuControl

I'd like to use my Avid Artist Mix with Logic Pro X on my M1 Mac mini. I can't at the moment as EuControl only runs under Rosetta and Logic Pro X only runs natively.

Does anyone know when or if an update for EuControl to run natively on M1 may come about? Or does anyone know any workarounds I've missed?

Thanks
Old 05-22-2021, 02:24 AM

Default Re: M1 Logic Pro X & EuControl

You can choose to run Logic Pro under Rosetta too, even if it's just for testing. (I'm not clear why running one app native and the other not would prevent the Artist Mix from working, but you may be right).
Just select the Logic icon (when Logic is not running) and do Command - I (Get Info). You can opt to run Logic under Rosetta.
https://www.macworld.com/article/338...p-instead.html

Dominic
Old 05-23-2021, 01:12 AM

Thank you Dominic.

I tried this a while ago and Logic crashed but tried again today and it does indeed work!

FWIW unless both DAW and eucontrol are running under rosetta the DAW doesn't see eucontrol so the surface doesn't work.

I'm really grateful to have a workaround but still hope to see M1 compatibility for EuControl soon.
Old 05-23-2021, 01:43 AM

Hi, welcome to the community.

Avid will tell their roadmap once they release something, nobody knows before. Sorry about that. Big Sur is already supported with latest release so it is only logical that Apple Silicon is work in progress.
Old 05-23-2021, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlossus View Post
Thank you Dominic.

I tried this a while ago and Logic crashed but tried again today and it does indeed work!

FWIW unless both DAW and eucontrol are running under rosetta the DAW doesn't see eucontrol so the surface doesn't work.

I'm really grateful to have a workaround but still hope to see M1 compatibility for EuControl soon.
I now remember that there is possibly a problem with native and non-native plugins in Logic, depending on whether the plugins themselves are native or not. 10.6.2 is better than earlier versions. Anyway, be warned that you may have some plugin problems you didn't have before. Depends how important the EuControl is !