Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2011, 01:01 PM

Default Pro Tools M-Powered 8 wont install on my Windows 7 laptop

Really it's like the computer doesn't even want to read the disc. Takes forever for the autorun to come up, then just freezes when it tries to install. If I do get an error message it says the setup file is not a valid win32 app.

The disc itself just says XP/Vista, I bought it a little over 2 years ago...I think Windows 7 had just come out. I just downloaded all the updates, Im on 64-bit SP1 Windows 7.

PLEASE HELP
Old 12-16-2011, 12:14 PM

Exclamation Re: Pro Tools M-Powered 8 wont install on my Windows 7 laptop

Should I mention that everything else works fine on this computer, its not even a year old, never had any installation issues with anything.

The Pro Tools installed fine on my Vista machine...but on the Windows 7 it just does nothing.

Yesterday I got it to actually start installing, but the bar never moved. I had it sitting, plugged in and no screen saver/shut off to interrupt it, literally for 24hours doing the install and it never did anything.

PLEASE offer some help. Don't tell me to upgrade to PT10 right now, because I already have to pay $60 to replace my iLok so another couple hundred to upgrade to the new version of this, just to have more headaches like this doesn't seem very logical; when I can go to Sonar for under $200.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools M-Powered 8 wont install on my Windows 7 laptop

nothing?
Old 12-20-2011, 07:48 PM

If you have registered the software check your Avid account for a full installer of 8.0.5 (I think) which is comparable with windows 7. This will eliminate the DVD all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2011, 03:04 PM

Had basicaly the same problem because I'm running win 7 SP1 64bit with a Quad-4 procecssor and upgraded it to 8GB RAM 640GB HD. I took my computer to the Music Store that I purchase Pro Tools. They can installed the program for me from AVID because they are a dealer. There was nothing wrong with my disk. Things sometime just happen witk bytes. Now I'm all excited about using this DAW since I'm new to it and this forum. hope this helps you.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:05 PM

Actually there were reported problems with some pro tools disks in the past I believe with version 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2011, 05:00 PM

Disc is fine, installed on my Vista machine with no issues. And has installed in the past on XP no problem.

Ill take it back to Guitar Center tomorrow to see if they can install it, but they're usually idiots.

I could've sworn I registered it (cant see why I wouldnt with this program) - but Avid doesnt recognize me so I guess Ill hope for the store-fix.