Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2008, 07:22 PM

Default Le mbox2 install error

So originally on another forum, I posted about an error I was getting when i opened my Protools regarding a driver error, so I was given some steps to uninstall some addtl items that may have been missed by the uninstall process. I did that everything was going great. I go to install Protools and its installs the drivers and everything fine, then its all the way to end on the status bar, its install documentations, then I get an error box that pops up "Feature Transfer Error" and the box includes this info:

Feature: String is not attached
Component: Documentation-Essential
File: E:/Protools LE installer\data2.cab
Error: incorrect function

then i can only hit OK and I hit Ok and protools doesnt install and all of my previous sessions' icons show like they can't find the program. none of the icons show up in my start menu, etc...any ideas?! help
Old 07-24-2008, 07:48 PM

Heres an update, I just tried to install it on my laptop a different computer and again it goes thru fine til the end with the documentation and I get the same kinda error "File Transfer Error" Except the info is a little different this time:
Feature: ***IS_STRING_NOT_ATTACHED
Component: Documentation - Essential
File:E:/Protools LE Installer \data2.cab
Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check).
Does this mean theres something wrong with the acutal disk?! HELP
Old 08-08-2008, 04:34 PM

Make sure you have the right protools, i use vista and had to download a special version for everything to work. The disc not working on 2 PC's brings to mind some past PC issues. In my experience it would sound like either you have a scratched or rare but possible bad disc. If it is a bad disc and there are no overt signs of damage from the user then you should be able to mail your original disc into digidesign for a replacement, most software companies are aware that the occassional bad disc appears and they usually have some sort of disc replacment process. Hope everything works out for ya.