Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-22-2005, 06:27 AM

Default Can a AUDIO clip be looped-end extended ???

imagine cuting & pasting a clip 4 times....but the end is a bit short and leaves a gap......is there a way to add sound like when you truncate a sample and loop the end to fade out.

even reverb or delay would work......but not in a GAP

if this was video...i would freeze frame the clip then fade out and layer the next paste right over its tail.

this is a good challenge

i can't imagine an app thats boasts Cut & Paste would not have a way to extend--streeeech out a clip.

backround:i have a guitar clip that i want to dup 4 times but only have 1 clip that needed to be edited short.

thanx
Old 02-22-2005, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Can a AUDIO clip be looped-end extended ???

Quote:
imagine cuting & pasting a clip 4 times....but the end is a bit short and leaves a gap......is there a way to add sound like when you truncate a sample and loop the end to fade out.

even reverb or delay would work......but not in a GAP

if this was video...i would freeze frame the clip then fade out and layer the next paste right over its tail.

this is a good challenge

i can't imagine an app thats boasts Cut & Paste would not have a way to extend--streeeech out a clip.

backround:i have a guitar clip that i want to dup 4 times but only have 1 clip that needed to be edited short.

thanx
Your question is a little garbled. But I will try.

Is the guitar sound sustained? Or is it rythmical in nature?

Do you need to have tempo integrity maintained?

If it is a sustained note, what you can do is to take a portion of the tail of the note, cut the clip near the end and a little before that. Try and do this at zero crossing points. Then take the cut section and time stretch it. You will need to experiment to get it right.

Then rejoin and crossfade if you need to, but if you cut in the right place, you shouldn't need to.

Don't know if this answers your question.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Can a AUDIO clip be looped-end extended ???

I do this quite often. I basically grab a small bit of the tail and apply Pitch n' Time to lenghten it. I check carefully to make sure the new audio doesn't sound out of place compared to the preceeding file. I'll usually add a touch of reverb to the new tail to make it linger just long enough.

Takes some practice but it works like a charm!
San Diego, CA