Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2008, 10:50 AM

Default Benjimino.....ADAT \'pops\' * spikes........easy fix

Don't toss or liquidate your ADAT.....if anything keep it as a reminder like your first 4 trak of how excited you once were to have 8 full digital trax......plus it can still serve many purposes like a mobile record.....or the younger friends you want to share the record-compose magic with.

for me its a great backup, sometimes setting everything to work smooth thru PT and all the pre-production......if i want just JAM have fun the ADAT is always there for simple stuff....no fuss just press REC.

The issue you heard is from the optical transfer.

remember ADAT 48k and 16 bit (black ones) when you start a NEW project you need to make sure your set to the right [sample rate]

the other issue you can set up in SETUPS> hardware> turn clock to optical

there is also a feature on ADAT. hold SET LOCATE > and > Digital IN.....this alters the CLOCK.

these 2 issue can cause those hi freq TIKS........also the clock change didn't affect my TEMPO so it must be seperate.

Yes i have a rack withmy ADAT and Makie mixer w/ rack FX and patch bays etc........why do i need it ?????? its just one of those things. Got it used for 1400......then 400 for the Makie......and as we know this stuff doesn't hold value and i just can't dump a hi end system for a few hundred bucks Just like there are still old anolog 48 traks that some folks swear buy.......your ADAT willalways have a use......you just need to think of all the possibilities like recording a live performance where you mix the board down to 4 stereo ins, or work on a video shoot.....anywhere a PC would be to touchy.