Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2022, 04:44 AM

Default Subscription date change request

Whenever I began using Pro Tools a very long time ago, then whenever Avid changed over to subscription services I have since then medically retired thanks to an old military injury after 10 years, 27 days of service in the US Army about 27 years ago. Anyway, some years ago I had to medically retired and all my retirement now comes in on the first of each month but Avid charges my debit on the 27th of each month. I try to get ALL my bills paid on the 1st of each month, I don't care if the payment is due on the 15th of each month I will pay it on the 1st.

How can I get my payment due billing date changed to exactly the 1st or 2nd of each month? If Avid support folks cannot do this then I will have no choice but stop my subscription come next month that is due. I already have auto renew turned off.

The other way I was thinking is turn auto renew off then subscribe again say on the 2nd of the month but I don't know if it falls back to the original subscription date or not.

Any help is very much appreciated.
Old 12-27-2022, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Subscription date change request

https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

I recommend trying the option "Chat" with "Account Support".

Hopefully they can help you out easily. I think it should be simple fix for them.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 12-27-2022, 10:13 AM

Thanks I will give that a try...
Old 12-27-2022, 10:27 AM

Yea that was WORTHLESS. Cannot even get a REAL HUMAN in the chat just some BOT named CHIP. Sick and tired of these companies who do not want to provide costumer service during chats or calls. To be honest they should be outlawed in the United States!!

Oh well, I will just allow it to expire as I already turned off auto-renew. I will wait until Feb 2 and then get back on and try it that way, MAYBE.
Old 12-27-2022, 11:04 AM

While you are doing this, you might want to see if Pro Tools Artist or even Intro can do what you need at lower cost.
Old 12-28-2022, 04:22 PM

Cost isn't the problem, I just simply pay all my bills on the first of the month and its much easier for me to have Avid deduct the subscription on the 1st or 2nd of each month instead of the 23rd of each month.

My subscription ends on January 23rd so I will let it elapse then get it again on the first of February. It shouldn't be problem doing this.