Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2006, 06:08 PM

Default PT7LE upgrade plus - 2 free plugins(can\'t decide)

I do not know about you guys, but I am having the hardest time deciding on which of the 2 free plug ins you get with the PT7LE upgrade plus...

I called digi and talked to a CS admin who gave me a 2 week trial on DINR and the Pultec bundle but I still do not know how good SMACK or Slightly Rude is or even if Synchronic is cool...
Does the Pultec bundle get great reviews, after testing the EQ's a few moments I found it interesting that the difference they make is very subtle on most settings...

There is no trial period on these and I am at a loss to make a good choice here...

Any suggestions????
Thanks in advance...
Old 03-01-2006, 06:36 PM

Default Re: PT7LE upgrade plus - 2 free plugins(can\'t decide)

Get the Pulteq and Slightly Rude Plugs.
All the rest of the plugs are included if you ever get the Music Produciton Toolkit later on anyways. So if you get the Pulteq and SRC now, you`ll end up with ALL the plug-ins fro a total of 600$. And you`ll also get TLL Space (reverb), Beat Detective fullversion, 16 extra mono/stereo tracks, HYbrid, Xpand.

I was smiling all the way to my digidealer when I saw what plugins where offered in the MPToolkit. If you get the same upgrade PLUS plugs taht I got, you too, will be smiling come MPToolkit day..
MacBook Pro i7/Apogee One/Duet/ElevenR/Pro Tools 12
Preamps from UA, Mackie and Avid.
Listening through Dynaudio, Genelec and ADAM
Old 03-01-2006, 07:06 PM

Default Re: PT7LE upgrade plus - 2 free plugins(can\'t decide)

Hi Snarf..!
Thank you for such a quick reply...
I just heard about the "Up to 48 mono or 48 stereo tracks at up to 96 kHz" upgrade from a friend yesterday... and yes, now I see the light....
You think "Smack" is a better choice than "Synchronic"???
I would like to at least be able to try "Synchronic".

"This is from the digi site"

Music Production Toolkit ($495)
The Digidesign® Music Production Toolkit (available soon) offers a selection of essential tools to easily expand the creative power of your Pro Tools LE™ or Pro Tools M-Powered™ system. The Music Production Toolkit puts a wide range of capabilities for composing, editing, mixing, remixing, or all of the above, all within easy reach.

Extensive plug-in collection

*Digidesign Hybrid synthesizer
*TL Space™ Native Edition convolution reverb
*Smack!™ LE compressor/limiter
*SoundReplacer™ drum replacement tool
*DINR™ LE intelligent noise reduction tool
*Multi-track Beat Detective™ rhythm analysis and correction tool
*Up to 48 mono or 48 stereo tracks at up to 96 kHz
*Pro Tools MP3 Option

For more information, download
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/news/d...date_12278.pdf