Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 07-05-2015, 09:00 AM

Default Re: HD Hardware & CoreAudio on Yosemite

I have seen some of the same bugs in protools for many versions. This new support and subscription model will not change that.

Avid is proving to me I'm making the right choice staying on 11 hd. It seems 12 has its own set of problems. Plus upgrading can be dangerous when your computer being functional is crucial to making money.

One os update can hose plugins etc if updates are not available. Latest isn't always greatest. That's very true with protools.

Give me a feature that makes me want to upgrade. So far I'm not impressed.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:04 AM

Avid can you let us know whats going on with the Avid core audio manager? are you guys working on this? All other apps work fine with there core audio drivers in Yosemite. Jeffro? Anybody?

Last edited by zion; 07-06-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:52 PM

So after waiting an eternity for these dudes to do their job properly i have decided to ditch my HD Omni, instead launching webinars every f....... week they should make their VERY expensive products work as expected, there is NO excuse for this ... so i am getting rid of my Omni HD and will use my beloved RME UFX which has NEVER failed me ... I feel so disappointed, almost robbed to be honest and i WILL definitely spread the word ... this is simply UNACCEPTABLE !!!
Old 08-26-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenmarcano View Post
So after waiting an eternity for these dudes to do their job properly i have decided to ditch my HD Omni, instead launching webinars every f....... week they should make their VERY expensive products work as expected, there is NO excuse for this ... so i am getting rid of my Omni HD and will use my beloved RME UFX which has NEVER failed me ... I feel so disappointed, almost robbed to be honest and i WILL definitely spread the word ... this is simply UNACCEPTABLE !!!
This is so sad. I feel your pain and did just this a few months back for the same reasons. Every day it looks as though I made the right decision. I used to be a proud HD owner...
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenmarcano View Post
I did exactly that and haven't looked back. Well, I haven't actually ditched the OMNI, but I haven't turned it on in two years. It just sits in my rack to remind me how great the UFX is!
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 08-28-2015, 02:59 PM

It is an embarrassment that this STILL has not been fixed. Needing to remove the Avid CoreAudio.plugin file from a system folder so Native Instruments will work is an embarrassment. The inability to play iTunes through our Avid Hardware when running Pro Tools 12.1 is an embarrassment.

They need to fix these basic problems.
HD I/O 16x16 Analog
UAD Software 7.10
6GB Lacie 2Big Thunderbolt drive for Audio (set up in JBOD mode)
Old 09-03-2015, 02:45 AM

So today the 12.2 Core audio Driver is out ... and guess what guys ? N O T H I N G !!!!!!!! same crap same problems. I am thinking contacting users around the world in other forums and start a web campaign with YouTube Channel, Facebook, Twitter and all what i can find to expose the mess with videos and so on. I already ordered an Apogee Symphony I/O but i wont let this go just like that ... Not everyone can just buy another interface cause the 3000 Euro one that comes with Pro Tools HD does not work as it should ... how long has this bug been unsolved ? LOOK ---> The "Industry Standard" cant make their super interface to work as a 50$ Interface .... and now we pay a subscription of 600 Euro to get useless updates that DONT fix the bug... how cool is that ???

anyone from Avid wanna say something ? I guess not and the sad part is ... the Omni sounds HUGE... come on Avid people ..
Old 09-03-2015, 03:53 AM

Pathetic Avid , Pathetic
Old 09-03-2015, 04:31 AM

It's way beyond pathetic, and rooted in a mentality that developed early on, when dedicated computers only running the one piece of software were the norm.

Avid needs to join the second decade of the 21st century, instead of continuing to reside in the last decade of the 20th century.

As the company continues to flounder from one missed opportunity to another, leaving long standing bugs unfixed, while also not being able to deliver on its 'cool new features' (cloud collaboration and everywhere), we are left wondering what the future holds for Pro Tools.

With each new update, and its latest attempt to soften the blow of the new licensing regime by 'giving' us plugins that most of us have either already got, or don't need, we see stronger signs of desperation that still do not recognise the basic issues many of us are unhappy about.

Maybe they should spend less time monitoring Ideascale and interacting via ACA, and spend more time getting on with the ever growing list of problems requiring their attention.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 10-05-2015, 08:10 AM

I've recently purchased an HD Native PCI and an OMNI. Can't hear anything played through iTunes using internal/OS routing.

My previous audio hardware, 003, had no problems with this. I am used to being able to listen to music and watching shorts using my Avid hardware (sharing the same DA and equipment as my own projects).

I've just spent an hour trying to figure out what's wrong. Are you saying there's a bug, using HD hardware, that prevents one from hearing sounds from the OS and other applications than Pro Tools?

I've tried this with the 11.3.1 and 11.3.2 drivers. Not any 12.x drivers.

Marcel Risberg
Production sound and audio post - ljuddesign.se
Enthusiastically sharing knowledge and experience at Stockholm Film School.

🛠 Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 · HD Native · HD Omni
🎚 EuControl x.x.x · Artist Control · Mix · Control App
🦑 MacPro5,1 · 12C24T @3.46GHz · 48GB · SSDs · macOS 10.13.6 (17G5019)
📺 Separate video playback machine
🥇 Covered by ZDT/TLC · Keeping DAW OS clutter free