Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2010, 02:26 PM

Default The Day of Error Messages...

I booted up the console this evening to prepare for our Christmas rehearsal and got a nice message saying that one of the fans was not operating properly. How do I do about finding out which one it is?

Secondly, I keep getting this message every 10 or so minutes. What to do? I've gotten them on my XP machine back when...but what do I need to do to combat this issue? The system is not doing anything at the moment...I was just editing some snapshots.

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 11-23-2010, 02:31 AM
Avid

Default Re: The Day of Error Messages...

Hey Ken,

Give the support team a call at 650.731.6111. They can advise on further diagnosing the fan.

Regarding the virtual memory error - has anything changed about the system recently? E.g., new plug-ins, software updates, etc. It's a rare warning, but not necessarily indicative of a problem. THe system did exactly what it says - expanded the virtual memory size - so you shouldn't see any further warnings.

It's worth checking to make sure that all of the system RAM is being recognized (512 MB for systems shipped in the past few years) . You can do this by CTRL+clicking on the software version number in the lower right corner of the Options>System screen. This then displays the system info in the lower left status area. Hopefully I have these instructions right...I'm not in front of a console at the moment...

Sheldon
Old 11-23-2010, 07:46 AM

Default Re: The Day of Error Messages...

Sheldon: You have to pay for the VENUE support, correct?

The only change that has been made recently to the consoles was AutoTune EVO was added less than 2 weeks ago. Currently, I have 5 instances of AT in the plug-in rack. 2.8.5 has been running steady for about 5 months now. I will check and ensure the RAM is registering correctly. Just wanted to be sure that nothing flaky would happen during a show.

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |