How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2022, 12:02 AM

Default Pro Tools 2022.4 CRASHING upon LAUNCHING on Monterey 12.3.1

Hi

Pro Tools 2022.4 using Monterey 12.3.1 CRASHING now. Avids 2 new plugins said they were corrupt GROOVE CELL and SYNTH CELL.

Now I cant even get pro tools to launch. Whats going on here with pro tools 2022.4 and monterey 12.3.1?

Plz help

thanks

UPDATE

I thought I fixed this. I see pro tools crashes on PA plugins. Instead of installing with PA Manager installer. I manually installed all my PA plugins. Pro Tools worked.

Now Its doing the same thing again CRASHING on Plugin Alliance bx_ plugins I cant launch pro tools to work.

Please anyone help?

Ty

2nd UPDATE

imho I think this is a PRO TOOLS 2022.5 problem. I have deleted pro tools PREFS too.

I took out PA plugins now it crashes on all Izotopes Neutron 3 advance and ozone 9 advance then smartEQ3 says FATAL ERROR
then after taking all these AAX plugins out of pro tools audio folder it appeared that pro tools was gonna launch right after midi it CRASHED again NOT on any 3rd party plugin.

This is really hard wasting ones life away on a software that should at least let one launch pro tools in 2022.

Last edited by nightowls; 06-10-2022 at 12:04 AM.
Old 05-26-2022, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2022.4 CRASHING upon LAUNCHING on Monterey 12.3.1

please provide complete specifics see the Information That You Need to Provide When Posting section .
here ----https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 06-09-2022, 10:50 PM

I filled out info.

I thought I fixed this. I see pro tools crashes on PA plugins. Instead of installing with PA Manager installer. I manually installed all my PA plugins. Pro Tools worked.
Now Its doing the same thing again CRASHING on Plugin Alliance bx_ plugins i cant launch pro tools to work.

Please anyone help?

Ty

UPDATE

imho I think this is a PRO TOOLS 2022.5 problem. I have deleted pro tools PREFS too.

I took out PA plugins now it crashes on all Izotopes Neutron 3 advance and ozone 9 advance then smartEQ3 says FATAL ERROR
then after taking all these AAX plugins out of pro tools audio folder it appeared that pro tools was gonna launch right after midi it CRASHED again NOT on any 3rd party plugin.

Last edited by nightowls; 06-10-2022 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-10-2022, 12:18 AM

Per Darryl Ramm, "You should also always suspect plugins that loaded immediately prior to the one that appears to cause failures like this."

I suggest moving all 3rd party plugins to the unused folder, delete prefs, and relaunch Protools. If it lunches fine, start moving plugin back one at a time (or in small batches) and relaunch until you find the offending plugin. Move that problematic plugin back out to the unused folder and continue testing the rest of your plugins.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 06-10-2022, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
Per Darryl Ramm, "You should also always suspect plugins that loaded immediately prior to the one that appears to cause failures like this."

I suggest moving all 3rd party plugins to the unused folder, delete prefs, and relaunch Protools. If it lunches fine, start moving plugin back one at a time (or in small batches) and relaunch until you find the offending plugin. Move that problematic plugin back out to the unused folder and continue testing the rest of your plugins.
Hi

Thanks for trying to help.

Ok I did this with PA and it appeared that PA Manager was buggy because when i loaded all PA plugins one by one I got pro tools 2022.5 to work.

Tonight looked like the same problem on PA plugins. I took out the ones like you suggest here. Then pro tools CRASHED on all Izotope Neutron 3 advanced and ozone 9 advanced. I took all Izotope plugins.

Then it CRASHED and says FATAL ERROR on smartEQ3.

I took this out. Then pro tools finally looked like it was gonna launch but it crashed after it says MIDI.

I deleted pro tools prefs again and did a clean pro tools 2002.5 install only to CRASH again this time on Soothe 2 plugin.

Please someone help.

ty

Last edited by nightowls; 06-10-2022 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-10-2022, 01:04 AM

You are wasting time and going about this backwards. Don't faff around with one plugin at a time: to start with move *every* .aaxplugin file out of the plugin directory and trash prefs. Restart Pro Tools. It will automagically put back the core plugins.

Now does that run OK? If so then some plugin (or plugins) you had installed are causing problems. Have you checked for plugin compatibility before upgrading? You got the latest versions of all third party plugins? Especially Isotope ones?

Everything here is screaming plugin compatibility issue, and you are listing a bunch of plugins that would not surprise me at all they will cause problems if you don't have them all up to date.

Make big bold steps when troubleshooting to exclude or include things as problems.

You are also likely wasting time doing multiple reinstalls of Pro Tools. Reinstalling stuff rarely helps, and 2022.4/.5 seems a pretty stable release on Intel Macs on Monterey. Just focus on plugins for now.

And the next standard things to check is if Pro Tools gets far enough is to make sure that Pro Tools is starting up with the correct audio interface, (hold down "N" while it's starting) or try the internal (headphone?) interface on the Mac Pro. While troubleshooting other stuff it's easy to get that messed up.

Maybe reinstall the plugins from the latest downloaded installers rather than just moving plugin files back in batches (especially if you are not sure you have the latest versions installed).

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 06-10-2022 at 01:25 AM.
Old 06-10-2022, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You are wasting time and going about this backwards. Don't faff around with one plugin at a time to start with, move *every* .aaxplugin file out of the plugin directory and trash prefs. Restart Pro Tools. It will automagically put back the core plugins.

Now does that run OK? If so then some plugin (or plugins) you had installed are causing problems. Have you checked for compatibility claims before upgrading? You got the latest versions of all third party plugins? Especially Isotope ones?

Everything here is screaming plugin compatibility issue, and you are listing a bunch of plugins that would not surprise me at all they will cause problems if you don't have them all up to date.

Make big bold steps when troubleshooting to exclude or include things as problems.

You are also likely wasting time doing multiple reinstalls of Pro Tools. Just focus on plugins.
Ok sounds good.
Want you to know. I did see soothe 2 and smart eq3 were not up to date. By one version. But It CRASHED on smart EQ 3 their latest version. Ive contacted them. And will continue on... I'll let you know how it goes. Ty
Old 06-10-2022, 01:16 AM

Let me say it again: (Hey there is a word in Bold, Capitals, and Red. It must be important)

I suggest moving ALL 3rd party plugins to the unused folder, delete prefs, and relaunch Protools.

If it lunches fine, start moving plugin back one at a time (or in small batches) and relaunch until you find the offending plugin.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1