Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2015, 12:11 PM

Default AAX plugs and Ilok nonsense AGAIN

Is anyone trying to move licenses around at ilok.com just now? I'm getting unavailable messages, and messages telling me one of my iloks belongs to someone else. Its not displaying the ilok manager where I simply 'drag and drop', and when I try to find a contact email nothing shows on the site. What a system. That combined with my PT11 experiences is making this the worst experience since PT 6 for me. Anyway, does anyone know how to get in touch with ilok please?

Matt
Old 03-17-2015, 12:18 PM

Default Re: AAX plugs and Ilok nonsense AGAIN

Sucks doesn't it. I lost all faith in Pace/iLok several major problems ago.

All support contact information is on iLok.com. No phone support. And slow email support is all you will get...

It might help to say what computer/OS you are using and what ILM verion you have in case others here can help you.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:25 PM

I recently had a snag with iLok Manager at another studio in my area; iLok2 was basically bricked. I contacted support thru the prompts on their website and they responded within an hour and solved the issue. Follow the "Need Help?" prompts and select which area you need help in.

There are certainly enough iLok support horror stories out there to make anyone wary, for sure. Just sharing my recent experiences, tho...
Old 03-17-2015, 01:43 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattytoldhatty View Post
Is anyone trying to move licenses around at ilok.com just now? I'm getting unavailable messages, and messages telling me one of my iloks belongs to someone else. Its not displaying the ilok manager where I simply 'drag and drop', and when I try to find a contact email nothing shows on the site. What a system. That combined with my PT11 experiences is making this the worst experience since PT 6 for me. Anyway, does anyone know how to get in touch with ilok please?

Matt
Hello Matt,

Your post was refered to CS and I started a support case earlier to get more info. Please include your iLok User ID when replying and we'll do our best to assist.

Best Regards,
Yves
Old 03-17-2015, 05:15 PM

I've never really liked iLok... Also not a fan of some 3rd party to deal with in regards to my licenses that I bought from a company not related to them for anything other than licensing... just sloppy to me.

That said, I do understand the need for licensing methods other than plugging in serial #'s.

I'm a big fan of Waves method. USB stick, or directly to the machine you use it on. Move them when you want. Put em on, take em off, no proprietary dongle, no dongle being linked to a specific account, no dealing with two companies to transfer licenses, no old expired or unavailable licenses sitting there unable to be cleared, no fuss... yadda yadda

Waves License Center (WLC) is a smooth system. More should do the same.

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz Hex, 32GB
EFI Flashed - 5 GT/s Modded 7950, Dual Apple 23"
OSX Sierra
Pro Tools HD 11.2.2
Waves IOS, IOX, STG2412
Extreme Server (x2)
Logic Pro X, DSP Quattro, Final Cut Pro X
Waves Mercury+SSL+AbbeyRoads
Trident S65 with embedded US-2400

Live:
2012 Mac Mini, Dual SSD, i7 2.4, 16GB
Win 10, OSX Sierra
LV1, MRSG
Hardware from above (same gear)
Dual Dell P2418HT Touch Screens
Waves Icon X (x2), M, with Screens
Custom enclosure
Old 03-17-2015, 06:31 PM

Hi guys ,thanks for your responses. I've tried following the prompt on the ilok site and it just led nowhere. I've got licenses for about fifty or so plugs on an ilok V1 that I want to transfer to an ilok V2. Some are expensive and I reckon there's in excess of a thousand pounds on the V1. As I wrote earlier, the ilok account manager keeps taking me back to the download and install option which I've now done four times all with the same result

I'm using both a mid 2012 Mac mini with i7 quad core, 16G ram with a digi003 and an Asus x58 board with Intel 930 and 12G crucial ram, crucial 256G system and WD 1 Tb Audio with a TI FireWire board just so you know what I'm running on

Last edited by mattytoldhatty; 03-19-2015 at 01:49 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
I'm a big fan of Waves method. USB stick, or directly to the machine you use it on. Move them when you want. Put em on, take em off, no proprietary dongle, no dongle being linked to a specific account, no dealing with two companies to transfer licenses, no old expired or unavailable licenses sitting there unable to be cleared, no fuss... yadda yadda
I've been burned by Waves system, so I'm no fan.
Had licenses on USB sticks and they just went missing off one of the drives in one of the rooms. Yes the recovery worked but that it can/did happen is scarey.

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 03-17-2015, 06:49 PM

You sure someone didn't do something?

I'm not saying a fluke is impossible, but it is certainly the exception to the rule.

As far as getting burned, they got you sorted, so you didn't really get burned per-se

I've had many more headaches with iLok than I've ever had with Waves.

To each their own I guess

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz Hex, 32GB
EFI Flashed - 5 GT/s Modded 7950, Dual Apple 23"
OSX Sierra
Pro Tools HD 11.2.2
Waves IOS, IOX, STG2412
Extreme Server (x2)
Logic Pro X, DSP Quattro, Final Cut Pro X
Waves Mercury+SSL+AbbeyRoads
Trident S65 with embedded US-2400

Live:
2012 Mac Mini, Dual SSD, i7 2.4, 16GB
Win 10, OSX Sierra
LV1, MRSG
Hardware from above (same gear)
Dual Dell P2418HT Touch Screens
Waves Icon X (x2), M, with Screens
Custom enclosure
Old 03-17-2015, 06:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

Matt, try the Sync/Repair instructions in this thread.

According to your iLok account, your iLok 1 with 51 licenses on it is Synchronized, but that was last synched on January 22, 2015.

So the iLok is correctly registered to your account, but has not had a sync/repair done for a couple of months.

The iLok 2 was last synched 3 days before the iLok 1. Follow those instructions to sync both iLoks separately and see if that helps.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
I've been burned by Waves system, so I'm no fan.
Had licenses on USB sticks and they just went missing off one of the drives in one of the rooms. Yes the recovery worked but that it can/did happen is scarey.
I read about that issue last night when I was downloading updates...definitely scary...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh