Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2006, 03:46 PM

Default 7.3 Documentation

When I purchased the download upgrade the only link available for documentation was listed as "Pro Tools HD 7.3 documentation for Windows XP" After installing 7.3, I ran the documentation installer and all of the docs show up in the right folders. However, on the Help dropdown all of the documentation is ghosted out. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way of fix it?
Old 12-09-2006, 04:12 PM

Default Re: 7.3 Documentation

This happened once before when we posted docs separately, and the file names didn't match what PT was looking for. I'll have to check the installer spec when I'm in the office Monday, but if I figure it out before then I'll post an answer sooner.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:49 AM

It happened to me too. The documents are showing up in the Program files but greyed out in PT Help files. All that is there is About Protools M-Powered.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:06 AM

Quote:
It happened to me too. The documents are showing up in the Program files but greyed out in PT Help files. All that is there is About Protools M-Powered.
Greyed out for me too.Seems everyone is having similar to the same problems/bugs in their 7.3......I can't figure how this release even passed testing at Digi.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:46 PM

Yep. Me too. I'm just glad I can actually open files and still run with 7.3. Seems there are a lot of horror stories happening for lots of folks at the moment. It's a shame, because the 'improvements' in 7.3 are very good.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:49 PM

My sessions with URS plugs all over them are screwed until digi fixes this uncompetent mess they've created.If they fix it within a week then i'll give them the benefit of the doubt.............if not then I hope alot of their loyal paying customers jump ship.This fiasco is UNEXCUSABLE beyond a doubt!!!CAN YOU HEAR ME/US DIGIDESIGN!!!I make a living using your products and you let me down.Please redeem yourselves ASAP.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:58 AM
Avid

Quote:
My sessions with URS plugs all over them are screwed until digi fixes this uncompetent mess they've created.If they fix it within a week then i'll give them the benefit of the doubt.............if not then I hope alot of their loyal paying customers jump ship.This fiasco is UNEXCUSABLE beyond a doubt!!!CAN YOU HEAR ME/US DIGIDESIGN!!!I make a living using your products and you let me down.Please redeem yourselves ASAP.

We are aware of the problem with accessing documentation via the Help menu - until we can fix that you will need to access the documentation by going to the actual documentation folder on your hard drive.

As for the issue with plug-ins - can you tell us which plug-ins are causing problems as well as their version numbers?
Old 12-11-2006, 08:36 AM

Forget about plugins version. Just fix those irritating issues ASAP. This is a major disaster and it needs to be rectified soon. Every Protols installations has been affected in some way. People are checking every forum now to see what is going on. This also call for an investigation as to what went wrong. Maybe a SABOTAGE
Old 12-11-2006, 08:46 AM

You are overreacting...not EVERY upgrade has been effected.

Lets focus on the ISSUES and feed that information to Tech
Support so they can address thm as soon as possible.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:44 AM

Yes. I am overeacting. I am checking the TDM, LE and M-Powered forums regularly hoping to find a solution. There are lots of moaning and groaning while we await Digi.