Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 10-28-2021, 10:23 AM

Default massive volume drop when turning off REV

Hi,
I searched but could not find a thread for my problem. I just received a used Eleven Rack ( with expansion ) yesterday after wanting to buy one for quite some time. When I tried the Factory Presets i noticed, that some were very loud, while others were barely loud enough to hear anything ( using headphones/ phone jack front ). I wasn't too happy with the factory presets anyways ( I prefer metal \m/ ) so I downloaded some new ones and added them to the rack. They sounded perfectly fine in the videos i saw ( for example the JUANTracking preset from a youtube demo video ) but when I tried to use them I nearly blew my brains out with tons of reverb ( and volume ) - so I got rid of the reverb but then i lost like 90% of the volume on the preset and barely heard anything. My front volume control was set at 8.5, but it wouldn't change much when set to 10. I also tried RigBalancing which got it a bit louder, but not nearly enough to consider playing. When trying to adjust the volume in editor I run into the problem of the amp clipping like crazy. Input is set to guitar, so that is not the problem aswell. It's probably something totally obvious but I just don't find anything about my problem in the user manual and am getting pretty frustrated. Also this is not just happening with one preset but like every other one I try. Why do i lose so much volume when turning off the REV? why is it adding so much volume anyways? and how can I get my sound to be loud enough to play standalone with headphones while not having to blast my brains with reverb ? I sincerly hope someone can help me because, as my name suggests, I am a really confused dude who just wants to finally play guitar with a sweet sounding amp Let me know if you need any specific details to help me out and I will provide as much information as I can make out. Thanks in advance !