Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 10-25-2021, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Is there a List M1 native AAX compatible Plug Ins for ProTools?

I would rather have Sibelius license on iLok, the current system caused me half a day getting it authorised. But with that said, upgrade to Monterey did not f up the authorisation, which is always good.
Old 10-26-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogboy100 View Post
Regarding my iLok comment, I never said anything about an Online license. Pro Tools simply needs to look to its neighbor, Avid Media Composer (as well as Sibelius)which do not require an iLok or any other sort of dongle for licensing (they have an integrated License/App Manager that uses your App Id and System ID, works if you're offline, and has a way of "floating" licenses between multiple systems).
No but massivekerry did and is who for example I was responding to. And I think perhaps what many working in music production like about iLok is you can take it to other studio's and work on their systems weather online or not

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 10-26-2021 at 07:13 AM.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
No but massivekerry did and is who for example I was responding to. And I think perhaps what many working in music production like about iLok is you can take it to other studio's and work on their systems weather online or not
Yeah, I meant that bit as a theoretical "they could" pull an Adobe, and then proceeded to follow-up with some strong reasons why they shouldn't and probably won't.

FWIW, I absolutely agree. I can't stand the checks-online-auth systems, and although I haven't always loved PACE over my 25+ year relationship with them, the (non-Cloud) iLok system has been working pretty reliably for me, prior to the Apple Silicon complications. Sure, there's some kind of dream of "only needing your laptop" when you travel, but that's unrealistic for my workflow, so bringing one more piece of hardware (really, 3 dongles) isn't that big of a deal to me.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 10-27-2021, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
The wait is on ilok. No native ilok yet so no DAW that uses it as protection can run natively. iLok is running in user-mode Rosetta right now.
Today Eventide wrote that their plug ins are now M1 native!
So if iLok is the problem, it is solved.
Old 10-27-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
Today Eventide wrote that their plug ins are now M1 native!
So if iLok is the problem, it is solved.
iLok license daemon is still Intel on my M1 system, which means Eventide (universal binary) plugins are going to run as Intel code until iLok gets their act together. I have no idea whether they do it independently or if it is co-ordinated effort with Avid whenever there is Apple Silicon native PT software. Remains to be seen.
Old 08-10-2022, 12:50 PM

iLok is Native on M1 since March 2022, so it shouldn't be too long now!
Pro Tools Studio
www.studioaix.fr
Old 08-10-2022, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismeraz View Post
iLok is Native on M1 since March 2022, so it shouldn't be too long now!
Not too long for ProTools? I hope you're right but I think it's going to be several months still. Maybe more. iLok is only a small part of what Avid needs in order to get the Native version written and released.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:27 PM

On this date, I am torn because...

1) I cannot see Avid releasing native software for Monterey, even though it has got fairly stable already. Native suppirt likely requires some new framework that is released with Ventura

2) Early releases of Ventura are likely not stable enough for a release, so we could expect time window between easter and midsummers

With that said release half way next year would mean native code would support about 3ish years of hardware which is okay.
Old 08-10-2022, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
On this date, I am torn because...

1) I cannot see Avid releasing native software for Monterey, even though it has got fairly stable already. Native suppirt likely requires some new framework that is released with Ventura

2) Early releases of Ventura are likely not stable enough for a release, so we could expect time window between easter and midsummers

With that said release half way next year would mean native code would support about 3ish years of hardware which is okay.
Oh lord... I've been using Ventura for a bit and I'm not terribly enthusiastic about it at this point. If Avid is waiting to get PT stable on that platform we might be in for a long wait. Monterey, on the other hand, is awfully solid here, so I hope that's what they're focusing on and willing to release for.