Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2010, 03:00 PM

Default I have 2 run pro tools 9 le as administrator every time 2 make sum plugins work why?

Hi
Im a little confused when I installed windows 7 professional 64bit I appointed myself administrator. Why do I have to right click pro tools every time and run administrator to make plugins work? Please advise?

Also my Sonik Synth 2 no matter what I do does not launch in pro tools 9 le I get DAE error -7401. I searched Avids knowledge base I found no solutions for my DAE error -7401 when using Pro Tools 9 le and windows 7 professinal 64bit please advise?
Thank you
Shaman
Old 11-15-2010, 04:04 PM

Default Re: I have 2 run pro tools 9 le as administrator every time 2 make sum plugins work w

Have you disabled User Account Control as per Avid's instructions? That might fix the first issue.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:59 PM

Default Re: I have 2 run pro tools 9 le as administrator every time 2 make sum plugins work w

Instead of right-clicking the program every time, right-click it once, select properties>security and check the box so it ALWAYS runs as admin. This has been standard practice for Win7 64 bit users(in fact, do that with every program you install and run).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-15-2010, 05:06 PM

Yep, my post is for something different. And I should have known better. I'm not having that issue on my x64 setup, though.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:35 PM

Hi Albee1952
I opened properties and do not see any things that allows me to check always. I see boxes under full control they were all checked but the last one that says special permission. I tried checking that but can find a way yet to allow me. Please advise?
No I did it! I also had to go to Compatibilty and check box at bottom that says Run this as an a administrator. Thank you!

Albee1952
I have another problem Im hoping you can help.
I just hooked up my apogee rosetta 200 24bit converter thru my mbox pro 2 and my Nano Patch. I hear my powered monitors good but no audio in my headphones now that all tracks are assigned to S/PDF.

Do you know how and where can I change digital outputs within pro tools 9 le to change to S/PDF?
Please advise
Old 11-15-2010, 06:38 PM

properties > compatibility

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 11-15-2010, 07:14 PM

"Run as Admin" is not the same as being and Admin user. Its a Windows thing designed to stop viruses/trojans/keyloggers. I too have my shortcut to always 'Run as Admin'.
Mike.

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid

Old 11-15-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykhal c View Post
properties > compatibility
That's the ticket(sorry I misled you). Can't help on the Apogee as I have never owned on, or an Mbox either). Only thing I know for sure is; you can't directly monitor the SPDIF input with the MIX knob in the way you can hear the analog inputs.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-15-2010, 11:21 PM

Albee are u kidding me? I called Apogee and told them my system configuration I have and they told me to buy the nano patch and I could still use my MBox pro2. I'm gonna be so pissed at them if they steared me wrong! I dont know what to do know Im low on money and ideas... help
Old 11-16-2010, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
"Run as Admin" is not the same as being and Admin user. Its a Windows thing designed to stop viruses/trojans/keyloggers. I too have my shortcut to always 'Run as Admin'.
Mike.
That's a big difference for sure.
The "admin" user you use when installing Win 7 operates as an ordinaire user for the most part, using admin only rights after going through the UAC warnings.
This "admin" user is not as the one in XP with absolute full control. This is of corse the short story

Here's the thing:
There's is an inbuilt adminstrator account, that is disabled by default, which can take full control over the computer (in the XP sense).
This account will never meet the UAC or other inbuilt security.

Enable this one as your account for DAW uses, including all related installations (software, hardware etc.) Use your excisting account for other use, mostly important for web surfing.

Rightclick Computer > select Manage > open Local Users and Groups > open the Users folder. Here should you see the Administrator account disablet, as well as the disablet Guest account.
Rightclick this account > select Set Password.....
Follow the wizard........
After enabling this account, log on as this user............. And you are like God to that OS But watch all the Hackers he he.
This will break everything that MS has done to make Windows 7 a more secure OS. Not recommended when using your DAW on the internet (unless you make an own user for that surfin' thing).