Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2008, 03:12 AM

Default Re: MCU Pro..Help Digi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogcode View Post
First let me clarify that this is the new MCU Pro...not the older grey ones. A fellow by the name of Sean at Mackie Tech support told me that they were aware of this problem with the New MCU Pros.....

1 One Extender...no problem
2 Seconder extender....locks in sometimes
3 Third extender..............locks in maybe 1 percent at a time.

I returned the Mackie stuff today and am moving towards the Euphonix MC mix and control.

A dealer in Seattle told me that they were also aware of the Mackie Pro tools issue. They move their clients to Euphonix.

If digi made a 24 fader unit without pres for those of us who run external pres, I probably would have bought that. Most people I know in the industry say the same.

So didi...try the MCU Pro.......with "3" fader pack extenders....maybe even call Mackie Customer service and talk to Sean specifically.......He told me he is a pro tools guy with an HD rig, and has been trying to find a fix/workaround for this.

Thanks!

Roy
Again I was referring to the sequential physical order of the Extenders to see if the problematic nature follows the unit not it's connect point.
The performance of multiple HUI profiles has always been very interface dependent, and many MIDI interfaces don't handle the job well.
The MCU Pro with the built in interface looks to be a good place for the problem to originate based on their QC.
I have only worked on a setup with just the MCU Pro without any Extenders.

Mackie has historically put blame for their malfunctrioning units on Digidesign even when it their unit.
The Digi/Mackie marriage didn't end well.
Even now there are lots of people on the Mackie Forum with MCU Pro issues that are not running PT, so i wonder if they are blaming Digi for those problems as well?

If you haven't picked up hte Euphonix yet you should check deeper into it's PT performance, it may change your mind.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:59 AM

My 2 cents .
We've got 2 MCU-pros and extenders , the issues I've had have been the Mackies .
Dodgy power-supply and 2 faders broke.

One of my MCUs is hit and miss if it goes to sleep , sometimes all the lights come on dimly and it won't respond.
Switching off and on doesn't always fix it , pulling the mains power from the brick usually does.
This is on 2 separate Mac PT setups and a PC PT setup.

Difficult to get it to replicate the fault.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI View Post
Again I was referring to the sequential physical order of the Extenders to see if the problematic nature follows the unit not it's connect point.
The performance of multiple HUI profiles has always been very interface dependent, and many MIDI interfaces don't handle the job well.
The MCU Pro with the built in interface looks to be a good place for the problem to originate based on their QC.
I have only worked on a setup with just the MCU Pro without any Extenders.

Mackie has historically put blame for their malfunctrioning units on Digidesign even when it their unit.
The Digi/Mackie marriage didn't end well.
Even now there are lots of people on the Mackie Forum with MCU Pro issues that are not running PT, so i wonder if they are blaming Digi for those problems as well?

If you haven't picked up hte Euphonix yet you should check deeper into it's PT performance, it may change your mind.

The physical of the extenders did`nt change anything really. The problem was the same no matter what order they were placed. As far as the Euphonix MC series goes, have you heard ogf issues with them as well? I cant really dig up any dirt on them with PT.

Thanks

Roy
Mac Pro 2.66 Quad
Adam A7
Waves Gold, VSeries
Pultec Bundle
URS, McDSP
Old 09-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Avid

So did Sean at Mackie say the problem was with the current MCU and Extenders specifically?

Because we see absolutely no problems with using 3 HUI's, nor have we heard anything about this from Mackie that I'm aware of, nor do I have any bugs logged against this.

I'm going to contact Sean and find out the whole story...
Old 09-19-2008, 10:59 AM

Great!.........he said it`s a problem with MCU Pro and PT...

Thanks Digi..
Mac Pro 2.66 Quad
Adam A7
Waves Gold, VSeries
Pultec Bundle
URS, McDSP
Old 09-21-2008, 03:15 PM

bump........digi?
Mac Pro 2.66 Quad
Adam A7
Waves Gold, VSeries
Pultec Bundle
URS, McDSP
Old 09-22-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
So did Sean at Mackie say the problem was with the current MCU and Extenders specifically?

Because we see absolutely no problems with using 3 HUI's, nor have we heard anything about this from Mackie that I'm aware of, nor do I have any bugs logged against this.

I'm going to contact Sean and find out the whole story...

Did you manage to talk to Mackie Digi??
Mac Pro 2.66 Quad
Adam A7
Waves Gold, VSeries
Pultec Bundle
URS, McDSP
Old 09-23-2008, 11:29 AM

Digi?????.......anything????
Mac Pro 2.66 Quad
Adam A7
Waves Gold, VSeries
Pultec Bundle
URS, McDSP
Old 10-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Avid

Unfortunately not - I've emailed them twice through the tech support form on their site without a reply. I tried calling as well, but was on hold and couldn't wait long enough to get through to a tech.

If they know of a problem and are blaming us for it, they sure haven't reported it to us and, since we don't have the newer surfaces for testing here, I'm not sure what else we can do.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:04 PM

Good luck with those Euphonix boxes... I am yet to hear of anyone having crash free sessions with them.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01