Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2022, 03:14 AM

Default Paulstretch AAX plugin

I have just installed the AAX plugin for Paulstretch. Using Pro Tools 2022.6. The questions are:

What order should the plugin be on a track if using a software instrument?
Should the track be record enabled or is this from the capture button in Paulstrech?
Or should it be on a different track with a send from the instrument track and the armed/not armed or capture button?

If possible could I get a basic description of the set up to get going. It all appears to be working except I am not capturing any audio. A file is created but no audio.

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-18-2022, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Paulstretch AAX plugin

This Avid forum is not the place to get people to teach you how to use this non-avid product.
Personally, I've never heard about it, but it took me a few seconds to find their website, and their tutorial for this.
Old 08-19-2022, 03:09 AM

Dear Ben, thank you for your honest and considered reply to my obviously infantile question. I note from your profile that you are a 'Life-long audio enthusiast and small studio owner. Retired'. I am grateful that you had time as an obvious retiree from any courtesy in life, to respond.

I also note that as you seem to have a grasp of the English language that you failed to take heed of the title of this part of the Avid Pro Audio Community forum entitled: AAX plugins - For discussion of Avid and third-party AAX plug-ins. Paulstretch is indeed a third party AAX plug-in otherwise it would fail to load and this is not the problem.

Your helpful suggestion of visiting the website and tutorial I find condescending as I am myself a 'Life-long audio enthusiast and small studio owner. Retired' and have looked at both. I would not dream of bothering this forum if I had not done a little homework myself and therefore I can only conclude that you are part of the Avid police hoping to enforce some restriction of server space.

As a Pro Tools user for over twenty years and an 'Ultimate' subscriber I think this entitles me to ask a question on this forum. There is no information on the website about the AAX plug-in version and the tutorial was made before the AAX version was available.

You say that you have never heard about Paulstretch. Maybe if you downloaded it (it's free) and tried to make it work and then share your insights you could be of some use to this forum but I forgot, you are retired.
Old 08-19-2022, 07:32 AM

A few observations on this:
#1-folks that are new here and have not spent much time on the DUC should tread lightly when it comes to attitude.
#2-Ben is quite correct about this NOT being the place for you to learn how to use that or any 3rd party plugin, at least until AFTER you have exhausted other means(starting with the plugin maker's website and then youtube). This is a forum for solving problems with plugins.
#3-you should be thanking Ben for the links that solve your problem.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-19-2022, 08:30 AM

Dave, thanks for the reply. I am a bit confused about the purpose of this part of the forum. As I said above I have been to the website (I don't think there is any other way to download the AAX version, might be wrong on this point) and there is no information on using the plug-in version and the tutorial does help either. I know how to use the software and you are correct there are many videos on YouTube to help with this. The problem is getting the AAX plug-in to work is not that obvious. This is what I assumed this forum was for as it seem specifically an AAX issue and not related to the software. If you have any ideas I would be very grateful as the manufacturers (Sonosaurus) have not replied to any request that I have put to them.
Old 08-19-2022, 10:36 AM

Never heard of the plugin but the tutorial should answer your questions. I doubt many here have experience with it. It's not a great sign that their tech support dept. hasn't responded.
Old 08-19-2022, 05:13 PM

Jeepers almighty.

The definition of a good audio engineer is someone who puts their engineering hat on, acts like a grown up and.... figures it out.

That piece of software is free. FREE. Someone put the time and effort in to making it for no financial reward whatsoever. Just because you found the download link, doesn't mean they are obliged to help you learn how to use it. In fact, nobody is obliged to help you learn how to use it. Waiting for someone to ram the answers down your throat is simply not an 'AAX issue'.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 08-19-2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
... and their tutorial for this.
Ben's link is your answer. Watch it!
Click for audio/video demo
Click for resume
Old 08-20-2022, 02:36 AM

Has everyone gone bananas? I'm with darkell.

Can't believe the "von oben-attitude" here. Especially from so called "experts" not even knowing of of Paulstrech in the first place.

Be humble and helpful.

(I would if I knew the answers to your questions, but I'm also struggling a bit with this excellent, but complicated plug-in)
Old 08-20-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by podusa View Post
Has everyone gone bananas? I'm with darkell.

Can't believe the "von oben-attitude" here. Especially from so called "experts" not even knowing of of Paulstrech in the first place.

Be humble and helpful.

(I would if I knew the answers to your questions, but I'm also struggling a bit with this excellent, but complicated plug-in)
I also can't understand the unwillingness to assist, but far worse is the scolding. None of us started our careers with all the answers. Asking questions is how we developed, and if you're not still asking questions then you've doomed your career. I was happy to have people who were willing and open to help me develop. Even if the questions were petty and obvious to them, they took the time to assist and to encourage. I agree: be humble and helpful, or at least resist the urge to waste time merely stating that you have nothing to add and that the OP should take their questions elsewhere because it makes you uncomfortable. It's their thread. Just ignore it.

Personally, I learned about a plugin I'd never heard of, and it actually has value in my workflow. To the OP: if I'm able to learn it I'll share the details.