Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2022, 04:04 PM

Default Transferring a pro tools license with an HD Native sale?

Hi. I am selling my original HD Native PCIe card and a buyer asked if it included an activation of Pro Tools. Inside my account I have an LE to Pro Tools 10.0 Crossgrade and an Pro Tools 11.0 No Charge UG for Students Verified license. Are either or both of these available to transfer to the seller? Sorry if this is a repeat question, I find it difficult to understand software license transfers.
Old 10-06-2022, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Transferring a pro tools license with an HD Native sale?

But these sound like Pro Tools standard. They won't work with a HD Native card.

If you purchased that card on the past it likely included a bundled Pro Tools HD license. What happened to that license.

"include an activation" is a strange way to ask if a license is included. In a transfer of a used card they would normally get a license, if the HD Native card was in an unopened retail box, say old stock from a dealer it might come with activation cards/info that lets a user activate it and get a license that way.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:06 AM

Thanks Darryl. Looking in my AVID store, I see that I have "Pro Tools Ultimate", '3 products". 1 is active, the one I currently use. The other 2 are perpetual product that expired Aug 10, 2019 and expired on Nov 23, 2016. Does this mean I would be able to transfer one of the expired perpetual licensed with the sale to the buyer without affecting my current active perpetual subscription that I use personally? I am reading the form at https://resources.avid.com/SupportFi..._Form_2017.pdf and it looks good but painful and their link to “Avid Support Code: Pro Tools HD” for $79.95 is a bit steep and the URL does not work.
Old 10-30-2022, 10:32 AM

I would call Avid on this
Old 10-30-2022, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerglingPhilosophy View Post
Thanks Darryl. Looking in my AVID store, I see that I have "Pro Tools Ultimate", '3 products". 1 is active, the one I currently use. The other 2 are perpetual product that expired Aug 10, 2019 and expired on Nov 23, 2016. Does this mean I would be able to transfer one of the expired perpetual licensed with the sale to the buyer without affecting my current active perpetual subscription that I use personally? I am reading the form at https://resources.avid.com/SupportFi..._Form_2017.pdf and it looks good but painful and their link to “Avid Support Code: Pro Tools HD” for $79.95 is a bit steep and the URL does not work.
It's still unclear exactly what you have/how you go it. Your other post mentions student upgrades etc. I agree with Janne that you should contact Avid support.

Other options besides doing a transfer of ownership (which is nice as it gets software updates in customer account etc.).... but if the purchaser already has a HD license or licenses then it may not matter to them. Or you can just sell the card as is as a bare card with no license... but might be leaving money on the table if you have a license you can sell.

Are any of those HD licenses shown as transferable in ILM, if so then you can transfer that to the buyer though iLok without involving Avid. Maybe it's the one you are using now? And you can upgrade one of the older ones in your account for your ongoing use. One of the main point of working through Avid is to transfer the "nontransferable" licenses that were obtained if you purchased the HD Native card with a bundled license, and in that case the transfer fee should be worth it.
Old 11-04-2022, 06:54 AM

$80 for support- transfer plus $800 to make the software current!
Or:
Check the versions EXPIRATION left off at in your products specific downloads. Maybe the buyer can get by with version HD12 for example.