How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 09-20-2022, 06:17 AM

Default Question regarding Carbon feature

Hey Frineds

Just a quick question or two

We have 2 Carbon and only used them as straight interfaces and not yet worled with any HDX features (well the hdx chips) as we have used the HDX3 system with our SSL desk.

I started wathing some videos and saw the integration in one video where he could chose between Mic/line etc from PT Ultimate and there was also a floating window with the 8 ”LED” meters and some other info.

Anyone know how to get that up and how to get the pre funtions show up for ease of view? It was one of the Avid Carbon videos but he doesn’t show how to get these features on the screen, I know view-pre to get the preamp functions but that floating LED window would be FAB as we have both Carbons in the racks behind us in front of the sofas so we have to turn around and move away from the SSL desk to change line mic and channels etc from the interfaces.

Any tips and info how to get that working would be awesome now that we have connected both Carbons and will start using them a bit more with PTU integration.

As always Thank You for any info and for your knowledge.

PS. Maybe i am just wishikg this window was a feature as I now suspect this is an ”inserted” part of Carbon hardware?
But damn it would be a cool feature to have at hand should ypu need more view of the front of the units.

See pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A7AED735-B95F-4F94-B8B8-4BDCC385B382.jpeg (17.7 KB, 0 views)

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-20-2022, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Question regarding Carbon feature

Mic/Line is set up from Peripherals ("Mic Preamps") and then channels are assigned in I/O Setup. Once you've set it up there, then the control become available on channels that are set to those as input (and after you make the mic section visible.) You can then have those controls on a floating window.
This is all in the manual. (As usual, RTFM on page 42 under the section called "Pro Tools Mic Preamps Control")

As for the front LED window display -- I believe that's just some video editing. No software to do that.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire HD10 + Max11, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.5 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 09-20-2022, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Question regarding Carbon feature

Will read the manual page 42 (hate manuals but they are well written)

Thanks for all the infp! Very greatful brother :)

Regarding the window it is most definitely a video editing and its the part of the hardware but had been (for us) a cool feature

Thanks again

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————