Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2013, 12:50 PM

Default AIR Instruments

Just got an email from Avid telling about the upcoming expansion pack upgrade. We're getting close!

Sent from my PT beating heart
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:54 PM

Default Re: AIR Instruments

Why avid and not air?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:07 PM

If AIR couldn't take registered Avid IEP (v1) user info with them, then AIR probably will use Avid for certain mailings.

This is probably why the AIR site has their own "Get Notified" link/form to fill out for upcoming release notifications.

I'm taking this as a positive sign, hopefully release is coming soon.

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."
Old 08-05-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryser View Post
Just got an email from Avid telling about the upcoming expansion pack upgrade. We're getting close!

Sent from my PT beating heart
I got one too...that was quick...I kicked them in gnads about this 48 hours ago...a new Avid Record!

LOL!

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 08-05-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserpathos View Post
If AIR couldn't take registered Avid IEP (v1) user info with them, then AIR probably will use Avid for certain mailings.

This is probably why the AIR site has their own "Get Notified" link/form to fill out for upcoming release notifications.

I'm taking this as a positive sign, hopefully release is coming soon.
I'm thinking this is LESS complicated than that at this point. They both agreed Avid had the info, Avid would email REGISTERED users they had on file and included an Opt-out to NOT be notified of the upgrade. Those who don't Opt-out will be forwarded to AIR for the Upgrade.

Meanwhile somewhere in the Ether Of The Internets an Order/Credit card Portal is being added/modified/prepared for all of us "over the next few weeks" to relieve us of the burden of cash and prepare for the Overloaded Downloading.

-----------------------------------------------

Transferring your AIR registration info to inMusic

Attention AIR Instruments Owners!

As you may have heard, inMusic, the parent company of Akai Professional, Alesis, Numark and others, purchased the AIR Music Technology group—makers of Strike, Structure, and Hybrid. To make sure you have access to support and upgrades we’re planning to share your registration information* with InMusic.

Watch out for an email in the next couple weeks from AIR about an exciting upgrade to these groundbreaking instruments, offering 64-bit AAX support and a host of other features.

If you don’t want us to share your registration information you can opt-out by clicking here.

For information about inMusic’s privacy policy, please go to www.inmusicbrands.com/privacy.

* Transferred information includes your name, email address, mailing address, and registered AIR instruments.

-----------------------------------

www.LightWingStudios.com

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 08-05-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWing View Post
I'm thinking this is LESS complicated than that at this point. They both agreed Avid had the info, Avid would email REGISTERED users they had on file and included an Opt-out to NOT be notified of the upgrade. Those who don't Opt-out will be forwarded to AIR for the Upgrade.

Meanwhile somewhere in the Ether Of The Internets an Order/Credit card Portal is being added/modified/prepared for all of us "over the next few weeks" to relieve us of the burden of cash and prepare for the Overloaded Downloading.

-----------------------------------------------

Transferring your AIR registration info to inMusic

Attention AIR Instruments Owners!

As you may have heard, inMusic, the parent company of Akai Professional, Alesis, Numark and others, purchased the AIR Music Technology group—makers of Strike, Structure, and Hybrid. To make sure you have access to support and upgrades we’re planning to share your registration information* with InMusic.

Watch out for an email in the next couple weeks from AIR about an exciting upgrade to these groundbreaking instruments, offering 64-bit AAX support and a host of other features.

If you don’t want us to share your registration information you can opt-out by clicking here.

For information about inMusic’s privacy policy, please go to www.inmusicbrands.com/privacy.

* Transferred information includes your name, email address, mailing address, and registered AIR instruments.

-----------------------------------
So here's what will happen. I leave Wednesday for a 1 week business trip. They'll announce Thursday that the new upgrade is ready! And I won't be able to do anything about it until at least a week later! That's how it ALWAYS happens!

Old 08-05-2013, 07:23 PM

Laptop - hello ? This is me - work laptop !!! Yeah
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldm View Post
so here's what will happen. I leave wednesday for a 1 week business trip. They'll announce thursday that the new upgrade is ready! And i won't be able to do anything about it until at least a week later! That's how it always happens!:d
lol! :d

www.LightWingStudios.com

Old 08-05-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Why avid and not air?
Because current registrations are/were Avid's and not AIR's, and in this email Avid has given time to opt out of the registration transfer. I do not know why anyone would want that, but Avid must offer the possibility.

Now how long will they wait for people to opt out? This is stretching the "coming soon" even further, but at least it is some kind of progress :)
Old 08-05-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Because current registrations are/were Avid's and not AIR's, and in this email Avid has given time to opt out of the registration transfer. I do not know why anyone would want that, but Avid must offer the possibility.

Now how long will they wait for people to opt out? This is stretching the "coming soon" even further, but at least it is some kind of progress :)
1. It's due process and required for data protection.
2. It's courtesy to ask people if they mind their personal data being passed to a third party.

I agree I can't imagine for one minute anyone would object but they have to show due diligence.

Founder of the Expert Sites.