Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-12-2006, 10:08 PM

Default Waves Platinum or Waves SSL. The better purchase?

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion. I have Waves Gold and can get the Platinum upgrade or SSL for about the same price. I can only get one or the other. My primary job is radio production, imaging and spots. I'm trying the SSL demo now and love it. I used the Waves Plat demo long ago so I can't do any side by side comparisons. I know they are completely different plugs in a sense, but I'm looking for best bang for my buck and best end result sound wise.

WUP jokes and irritations aside, I HATE it too, which would you go with? Now, I probably don't need either one considering the work I'm doing, but this is not an issud of need. It's an issue of plug-in sluttery. (is that even a word?!?!)

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2006, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Waves Platinum or Waves SSL. The better purcha

I'd go with the Platinum bundle bro. While I don't have any experience with the SSL bundle (so feel free to disregard everything I'm going to say) you get way more plug-ins with Platinum, and plus they have some really cool effects in there that you can do some out there stuff with. I'm sure the SSL package is good, but if you're going for "sluttery" I think you should go for the Platinum
Old 02-13-2006, 02:51 PM

Thanks LP.

Shameless bump.....
Old 02-13-2006, 03:06 PM

The SSL bundle is sooooooooo good though.

But so is the linear phase eq, multiband, L2 and L3 if you want to do the mastering yourself. I would rather not even have these plug-ins for myself as the last thing my mixes need are for me to destroy the mastering too.

I'd rather let a ME do that so I at least have someone to blame!

Old 02-13-2006, 03:43 PM

Just because you may never use all the plug-ins in a bundle, doesn't mean you don't want them. Get the Platinum Bundle, it's got all you'll need for now. Then upgrade to Diamond like I'm going to do

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction