Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-30-2004, 01:25 PM

Default Problems with Linking Files??

I had a problem today that I am not sure I understand.

I have a recording session consisting of a simple 8 tracks, although there are a fair amount of takes. Upon opening a session that I closed last night, PT said there were some missing files that needed relinking, and it gave me a dialog asking if I wanted it to do it automatically or manually. When the automatic linking failed, I went through and found the audio and fade files manually.

However, once I got ready to close the session, it told me that there were still some incomplete tasks. Here is the exact message that I saw:

"Calculating overview for Stereo_Pair Take-3TC-00.R
Assertion in "FF_AudioProcessReadFiles.cpp", line 290"

1. What does this mean?
2. Why would protools "lose" my files to begin with? The only operation I did besides work in the session is to back up my data to another hard drive, and I did this with a simple copy command. I received the error message regardless of whether I opened the session on the backup drive or the orginal.

I am running an HD3 System, PT 6.2, Dual Pentium G5 Mac, and Glyph external hard drives.

Thanks

Mack
Old 06-30-2004, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Problems with Linking Files??

I had the same thing when backing up to another external drive.......i've no idea what it means but it's extremely annoying having to find information that is obviously still there. I got around the problem by 'save a copy as' to the same hard drive (as the session was on) and trashing the ddb's.

One thing that has helped my system considerably is to 'repair disk permissions' which you can do with disk utility. I was having several niggling problems but they were all sorted when I did the above. The guy on the digi helpline said it was probably a good idea to do it every few weeks.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:27 AM

Default Re: Problems with Linking Files??

Thanks....I will give it a shot this morning. I am anxious to get it solved as I have the artist and producer coming over and don't want to be sitting there relinking files.

Mack