Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2022, 06:04 PM

Default StreamDeck integration with DADman

I've been working on a StreamDeck plugin for DADman, allowing a StreamDeck to emulate a MOM.

Download at https://www.lukktone.com/download/MO...DeckPlugin.zip.

Last edited by LukeHoward; 04-18-2023 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-15-2023, 10:59 PM

Default Re: StreamDeck integration with DADman

New features since I last posted:
  • Virtual MOM support, you can map as many MOMs as you have network interfaces (or aliases) to any combination of StreamDecks. A StreamDeck XL, for example, can comfortably display two MOMs (and uncomfortably display three) on a single StreamDeck profile.
  • Support for Microsoft Surface Dial and nOb control rotary encoders
  • Support for StreamDeck 6 software and StreamDeck+ rotary encoder
  • Customisation of keycaps per instance, instead of per MOM
  • Per-layer customisation of keycap colours
Old 03-16-2023, 02:05 AM

Since Luke has officially announced it, for any MTRX users, this is fantastic. Better than the Digital Audio Denmark's MOM since you can actually label the buttons (and the hardware controller is less than 1/3 the cost.)

It is what you make of it.
Old 03-16-2023, 04:17 AM

I should add, it's not supported in the slightest by either DAD or Avid, and it was never my intention to compete with sales of the MOM or Avid's own control surfaces. The MOM has great haptics and can be placed anywhere you have an Ethernet cable. Having said that, there are plenty of deployments of MOMStreamDeckPlugin and it continues to improve with user feedback.
Old 03-16-2023, 03:05 PM

Seems version 120 broke something on the dial display. Ref, Dim, Mute/Cut don't update correctly to show the status. (The function still works though)

Love the customizable key caps. Shame that they can't do icons though (The text "headphones" doesn't exactly fit a key )

Last edited by BScout; 03-16-2023 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-16-2023, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Seems version 120 broke something on the dial display. Ref, Dim, Mute/Cut don't update correctly to show the status. (The function still works though)

Love the customizable key caps. Shame that the can't do icons though (The text "headphones" doesn't exactly fit a key )
Sorry about that, I’ll take a look when I get into the studio. Icons, let me think about it :)
Old 03-16-2023, 03:22 PM

Also, just a thought, with all those dials on the StreamDeck +, is it possible to make "Layers" a dial too so you can rotate through the 4. Would free up a key.

(It would be helpful if elgato had something like the "hotkey" option for the dials to allow the "Keys" actions to be dragged to a dial but alas... I thought their latest update would expand the functionality of the dials more.)
Old 03-16-2023, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Also, just a thought, with all those dials on the StreamDeck +, is it possible to make "Layers" a dial too so you can rotate through the 4. Would free up a key.

(It would be helpful if elgato had something like the "hotkey" option for the dials to allow the "Keys" actions to be dragged to a dial but alas... I thought their latest update would expand the functionality of the dials more.)
It's up to a plugin whether an action supports keys or dials (or both), for now my priority was just getting the volume encoder working.

I did actually implement the layer dial but decided not to release it because it only worked clockwise: the MOM protocol only has an "advance layer" message, not one for returning to the previous layer. So it would be non-intuitive (yes, you can return to the previous layer but advancing N-1 layers, but this is fragile and could easily get out of sync with the DADman profile).
Old 03-16-2023, 04:03 PM

That makes sense.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Apologies for this regression, my QA team (i.e. me) let me down Fixed in build 121.