Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2022, 05:26 PM

Default Pro Tools Problems

Hello all,

Guitarist here and I am having some trouble and I need some help. After years of using my old computer system and having trouble with Video Editing, Music Editing, Unreal programming and version control software, and a number of other things all not working properly, I finally decided to get a new computer system.

Now I have transferred a number of things to the new system one being the installer for Pro Tools 11 and I am trying to install it. First problem right of the bat was that Pro Tools wanted me to install QuickTime (!!!) Really!!! Okay, so I went and downloaded QT and tried to install it on my brand spanking new computer that only has some transferred files on it - I am using the old computer for everything else for the time being - and it wouldn't install. Neither would Pro Tools without QT. So I don't know what to do now. I did plug the iLok dongle into the new computer in case ProTools complained abut that. Just on the off chance my master account had a download I could use to get an installer and guess what there is no legacy installer for ProTools 11.2, oh no, there was one for Pro Tools 10 and one for ProTools 12.5, but, not for the copy I own, yay!

The plan was:
  • get ProTools up and running
  • Install the drivers for the Eleven Rack/Editor get that working - use at as in interface
  • Then BiasFX2/Amp2 and get the music side of the computer running

Then move onto everything else. Any help as to what I should do now, would be greatly appreciated. Because I am not thinking clearly at the moment, it's over 30C in the computer room, and the air-conditioner is not working in the lounge room, sweat is running down my back and now the cat wants the window open to let in more heat! Australian life in the summertime!

Regards,
V.

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP

Last edited by Vercingetorix; 01-01-2022 at 05:41 PM.