Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 04-25-2011, 05:03 PM

Default MC Mix connects correctly first time, "Network Error" after power cycle.

Hi all,

Just picked up an MC mix. Updated to the latest firmware and EuControl software (under Mac OS 10.6.6). The software detects the MC Mix and everything seems to work fine. However, if I turn off the MC Mix (if I quit Pro Tools and am working on non-audio stuff), when I turn it back on I get the "Network Error" message from EuControl.

It's not fatal - EuControl shows my MC Mix up in the "All Surfaces" window of the Surfaces tab. But I have to manually add it to the list of "My Surfaces" every time.

Anyone else seen this behaviour? System info :

Macbook Pro 4,1 (2.5ghz Core2Duo)
4GB RAM

I'm connecting the MC Mix directly to the Ethernet port on the computer, and I'm not using Ethernet for internet. The MC Mix is also set to use DCHP, as is the ethernet port on my computer.

Cheers!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Avid

Default Re: MC Mix connects correctly first time, "Network Error" after power cycle.

You might try setting the MC Mix to a static IP address as that likely will fix the problem.

Info on how to do so can be found in the FAQ:

Euphonix FAQ
Old 05-19-2011, 09:02 PM

Default Re: MC Mix connects correctly first time, "Network Error" after power cycle.

Hi A Chapman - Did you find a solution to the problem? I'm dealing with a similar problem now, and am in the same situation of connecting directly to ethernet port. (I am actually connecting with a static IP though, and doesn't seem to work)

Cheers,
Mike
Old 07-18-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenewport View Post
Hi A Chapman - Did you find a solution to the problem? I'm dealing with a similar problem now, and am in the same situation of connecting directly to ethernet port. (I am actually connecting with a static IP though, and doesn't seem to work)

Cheers,
Mike
I didn't find a solution, but to be honest I haven't had a moment to try. My MC Mix went off to Avid Ireland to have the top fascia replaced (good old crack between faders 4 and 5) and now I've set up a brand new laptop and the latest Eucon seems to be causing endless SIGBUS crashes (the crashed thread usually points to one with a few Eucon references).
Old 07-10-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
You might try setting the MC Mix to a static IP address as that likely will fix the problem.

Info on how to do so can be found in the FAQ:

Euphonix FAQ

Could you please explain which two soft keys need to be pressed ,while pushing power button to enter MC MIX IP setup menu?

Its not very clear from the manual!

Many thanks