Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2011, 10:35 AM

Default Registration not appeared on Avid Account

I registered my Mbox2 mini back in Jan '10 and received the confirmation email . However Pro tools 8 Le does not appear in " My Products" and as the windows side of the installer disc is corrupt ( used mac until now) i cannot re download an installer .
Any ideas anyone

dc
Old 01-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Registration not appeared on Avid Account

Check your email.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:15 AM

Thank you, i will download it now , i want to install it on Win 7 Pro 64bit , should there be any problem ? Also , would it be possible to get my LE system registered into my Avid account , my PT 8 HD is in there and i did them both around the same time.I tried to reregister but i was told the system was already registered , i can supply a copy of the registration response from digi if someone gives me an email address

regards

DC
Old 01-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Administrator

You are registered already for "Mbox 2 Mini w/8", meaning that the Pro Tools LE 8 installation DVD was included with the purchase. So that is why there is no download of 8 in your avid account. You have the registration confirmation email, and customer support has the registration in their database.

As far as installation, you would want to follow the instructions here:
Pro Tools LE 8.0.4 Update for Windows
Quote:
Installation Instructions

The download on this page is an updater. You must have Pro Tools LE 8.0, 8.0.1 or 8.0.3 (or any CS releases for those versions) already installed on your computer to use this updater.

1. Download the Pro Tools 8.0.4 Updater from this page
2. Verify that Pro Tools 8.0-8.0.3 is already installed on your system
3. Launch the Pro Tools 8.0.4 Updater and follow onscreen instructions

Windows 7 Additional Installation Instructions

Caution: When installing a version prior to Pro Tools 8.0.4 on a Windows 7 machine, DO NOT plug in your LE device when the installer instructs you to do so. This could cause installation errors. Users should install Pro Tools LE 8.0.x without their device plugged in, then use the 8.0.4 updater and follow onscreen instructions, plugging in their LE peripheral when instructed.
Download the Pro Tools LE 8.0.4 Updater, install the Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 full installer that you were sent without launching Pro Tools 8.0.3, then update to 8.0.4 following those instructions.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:17 PM

Thanks for the speedy reply . However , there appears to be nothing in my avid account that shows the system , may i suggest the registration information is shown under "your products" so the user can retrieve serial numbers etc and additional downloads such as dvtoolkit 2 . The installer on the dvd quite clearly states:

"If you have purchased and activated DV Toolkit 2
and wish to download a copy of the installer,
you will find a link for this in your My Digi account."

just a thought

paul