How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 09-05-2022, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Feature Request

Here's a closer look at the DPR-402 controls
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mixbus controls 2.jpg (38.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-05-2022, 04:42 PM

And the others
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mixbus controls 3.jpg (36.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-05-2022, 04:45 PM

Also the plugins are drag and drop, so if I want something pre EQ and pre-fader, that's where I drag it. If I want a plugin or effect send post fader, that's where I drag it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg post fader.jpg (9.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-05-2022, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean shannon View Post
I can see it, but it's a screen grab, so it's not very big. Let me know if you can see the detail enough.
Yeah I see it :)

If you click on the picture when it comes up you can zoom in but you need to press on the picture ”twice” as it goes away if it doesn’t get clicked on when it pops up. Thanks for the screenshot! I see what you are saying better now ;-) and (IMO) it looks like a great feature for a DAW! Dunno how iy could be inplemented to look good in the PT mixer window but I get what you mean and easy to see and helpful for some people, absolutely.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-05-2022, 08:17 PM

Another cool feature on the Mixbus console is "mix bus spill". If you click on spill, it hides all tracks except the ones going to that mix bus. So I can click spill on the guitar mixbus, and work directly on the guitar tracks, then hit spill on the backing vocals mix bus, and adjust those tracks, then uncheck it and all tracks are there.

There is also your timeline on top of the mixer window, so you can access markers and get to song sections or any time in the song quickly with a mouse click. I know you can use your numeric keyboard to jump to markers, but it all adds up to really quick ways to stay on the mixer view and MIX without having to go to the edit window ever.

These would be 2 handy features if Pro Tools had them.
Old 09-05-2022, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Another cool feature on the Mixbus console is "mix bus spill". If you click on spill, it hides all tracks except the ones going to that mix bus. So I can click spill on the guitar mixbus, and work directly on the guitar tracks, then hit spill on the backing vocals mix bus, and adjust those tracks, then uncheck it and all tracks are there.
Track Folders and Routing Folder will do this quite efficiently in PT as well as show/hide tracks memory locations.

Quote:
There is also your timeline on top of the mixer window, so you can access markers and get to song sections or any time in the song quickly with a mouse click. I know you can use your numeric keyboard to jump to markers, but it all adds up to really quick ways to stay on the mixer view and MIX without having to go to the edit window .
Keep your memory locations window open on the mix window and you have this in PT as well.
Old 09-05-2022, 11:35 PM

Can you walk me through how you would do a spill with your mix buses in mixer view? It's pretty slick in Mixbus with a one button press, similar to the Digico consoles for live.
Old 09-06-2022, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Can you walk me through how you would do a spill with your mix buses in mixer view? It's pretty slick in Mixbus with a one button press, similar to the Digico consoles for live.
If using Routing Folder Tracks as Buses or standard Folders Tracks in Pro Tools, the keyboard command SHIFT+F will expand the folder giving you access to the contained tracks. Subsequently you can click the small folder icon on the folder track.

Here’s a good tutorial.
https://musictech.com/tutorials/pro-...ro-tools-2020/

In Pro Tools, a routing folder track is the closest thing to a Bus in Mixbus. A signal path onto which one or many audio signals are combined to arrive at a common place for further processing

A lot of the features you’re asking for in Pro Tools actually already exist in one form or another in combination with an Avid control surface such as the S4, S6, S3, S1. While graphically different, they achieve the same goals while using a tactile surface.
Old 09-06-2022, 05:51 AM

Quote:
And the others
Reminds me of stock studio one plugins, yeah, I could see this as being useful, but only for the main controls, no more than 5, and giving you a way to select witch 5 parameters for each third party plugin.
Old 09-06-2022, 12:38 PM

Would Waves new StudioRack plug-in come close to this concept? It only loads Waves AAX plug-ins, but if you install the VST3 64 version of any plug-in you want to use, they can be scanned and show up in StudioRack and be available. On Windows, that means installed in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins. On Mac: Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plug-Ins.

I installed a VST3 64 only plug-in to check and it showed up after a rescan by StudioRacks, loaded in and effected the audio going through it.

Sorry VST3 64 Instruments won't be recognized, StudioRack is an effects plug-in chainer only.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction