Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2022, 09:28 AM

Default Re: MTRX Studio ADAT sync issues with external Audit ASP880 Mic Pre

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknaub View Post
UPDATE- Ordered some new ADAT cables and that fixed the problem. Even though I tried two other cables before ....

Thanks all for your help and suggestions.
Glad you got it sorted! I have been bit by the multiple bad ADAT cables situation in the past and it's always a forehead slapping moment, lol.
Old 10-11-2022, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steins View Post
Hi,

Just curious why you would use the MTRX Studio's WC as master instead of the Big Ben? I'm using the Big Ben to provide WC for a MTRX Studio, 3 Avid I/O's and a couple of Adat AD/DA converters with Ext. WC (including an older ASP800) and it's been rock solid throughout the years with various converters. Do you think the MTRX Studio's clock is better than Big Ben? If so, I might have to switch

Stein Tore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
We've been down this rat hole multiple times. No quality modern interface needs to be "improved" by running external magical clocks.

If you need fancier clock boxes to physically just drive different devices/fan out clock signals enough then great. But there is just no other justification for this stuff, and I'll eat my hat if anybody can show an audible difference in double blind tests.

Hope the OP got the original problem solved...
I agree, hence the question regarding the MTRX Studio and me still happily using an ancient (by todays standards) clocking device. I'm glad nothing has changed .
Old 10-13-2022, 07:12 AM
Avid

I've been bit by this as well. Don't buy cheap cables.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ