Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2021, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools reinstatements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Well yea, the day Adobe stopped selling licenses was the day they lost me. Not gonna subscribe. Should I ever need to be a graphic designer some company would pay for it. But for a hobbyist, game over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drop is the wrong word I suppose . I'd just stay where I am. My process hasn't changed much in the last few years.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 12-02-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post

Any scenarios I didn't think of?
Yes, avid never adds anything of value and we stay where we are forever.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Then you do not need it. This is for the ones that have lapsed plan, or, who wish to buy the code for future use. Just keep renewing, that is a sure thing (and cheaper/better in the long run)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just for clarity (I dont like to assume) is it the case that Avid are only taking orders for this renewal from lapsed users?
Or, is it anyone and everyone, current and up to date perpetual/annual clients too. Irrespective of whether its needed or not.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_uk View Post
Just for clarity (I dont like to assume) is it the case that Avid are only taking orders for this renewal from lapsed users?
Or, is it anyone and everyone, current and up to date perpetual/annual clients too. Irrespective of whether its needed or not.

I am current. I bought mine from audiodeluxe.com. I will cash it in at a later date
Old 12-03-2021, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Is Avid including HEAT and Complete Plugin Bundle for perpetual users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Thanks. All it says in the FAQ linked in the announcement is if you buy from a reseller you 'redeem your code' to activate it, but if you buy it on Avid.com it looks like it will be activated immediately.
I'll check it out w/support first.
Looks like I was right. I just checked. I clicked 'buy' on the reinstatement plan in Avid My Account, and nowhere in the process up to checkout was I able to select if I wanted it to be activated right away or not. So, it seems obvious to me that had I paid, it would have been activated immediately.

If you buy from a reseller, it's simple; you get a 'redemption code' that you can use on Avids website to redeem your license whenever you like, an annual reinstatement code never expires, like they say here:

FAQ: 1-Year Upgrade with Software Updates + Support Plan (Dec 2021)

Second paragraph:
Quote:
1-year Upgrades will be available for purchase from Avid through December 31, 2021, but there is no deadline to activate the upgrade (i.e., a purchased 1-year Upgrade code can be applied in future)—1-Year Upgrades do not expire.
Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong. I'd like to be wrong, because this is like fooling folks into 'accidently' activating…
Old 12-03-2021, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Is Avid including HEAT and Complete Plugin Bundle for perpetual users?

Quote:
Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong. I'd like to be wrong, because this is like fooling folks into 'accidently' activating…
That's exactly how I understand it. In fact I'm not sure what's to stop an enterprising retailer getting loads of the codes that can be sold and used way after this offer is over.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 12-03-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Looks like I was right. I just checked. I clicked 'buy' on the reinstatement plan in Avid My Account, and nowhere in the process up to checkout was I able to select if I wanted it to be activated right away or not. So, it seems obvious to me that had I paid, it would have been activated immediately.

If you buy from a reseller, it's simple; you get a 'redemption code' that you can use on Avids website to redeem your license whenever you like, an annual reinstatement code never expires, like they say here:

FAQ: 1-Year Upgrade with Software Updates + Support Plan (Dec 2021)

Second paragraph:

I agree this is very misleading IF in fact when you buy it directly it will be become activated and start the 1 year count down. (and definitely needs to clearly clarified by Avid)

But I have a question is your perpetual license expired? Because mine is current and I do not see this new option in my account ..... If yours is current where exactly (whats the path you used to find it ) in your account...

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 12-03-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
But I have a question is your perpetual license expired? Because mine is current and I do not see this new option in my account ..... If yours is current where exactly (whats the path you used to find it ) in your account...
I let it expire a year ago at 2020.12.
Avid-MyAccount-MyProducts-ProToolsAnnualUpgradePlan-Buy.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:46 AM

I just paid my annual "update" fee g*d***mit. The only reason for me doing so was that I was hoping they're gonna come out with an M1 native code release within the next 12 months. However, reading all this I might as well have splurged an additional $100 and given up another old license in order to get yet another separate full Ultimate license instead (complete with a year of updates).

Well, at least I got the 2048 voices capability with the last year of updates - so I give Avid props for that. We can all make Beatles records now.

Avid are under serious pressure from the competition at the moment, so they're gonna have to work hard to keep many customers from jumping ship. They know they've got the serious pro mixing/post users in a low-hanging-fruit deathgrip, but the general composer market is an entirely different matter.

It will be interesting to see if the native M1 code release is a true rewrite, or if it's yet another conversion with all the old bugs converted too. We'll know as soon as it's out, as this forum will get flooded . . . or should I say the Pro Tools 2022 forum, or the Pro Tools 2023 forum, etc etc.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I let it expire a year ago at 2020.12.
Avid-MyAccount-MyProducts-ProToolsAnnualUpgradePlan-Buy.
Ah, that is not in my account I assume because it's current. So I would have to purchase from reseller then let mine laps I assume

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...