Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-08-2009, 07:12 PM

Default Virtual Instrument Track

hi
I am having a little bit of trouble trying to setup an instrument track for recording, pretty much I opened an stereo instrument track and insert strike on it, select the patch and start to play, I can hear everything. Also armed and start to record, I see the signal of the instrument track and hear everything, once I finish to record and try to listen to the recorded content I don't hear anything, output selected correctly, in the region list a see only a blue color but not content, I should see all MIDI content in there, looks like strike is not sending any midi content. If I insert any other V.I and start to record, I am able to play it back, I see the midi content, but not with Strike. Anyone know if there is any specific configuration that I need to do?

thanks

Last edited by marcioguitar; 01-08-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: adding more information
Old 01-09-2009, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Virtual Instrument Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcioguitar View Post
hi
I am having a little bit of trouble trying to setup an instrument track for recording, pretty much I opened an stereo instrument track and insert strike on it, select the patch and start to play, I can hear everything.
You'll either need a MIDI Controller to enter event data or free hand the event data with the Pro Tools Pencil tool.

filosofem
Old 01-09-2009, 06:44 PM

I have a controller and everything, but there is no print in the edit window, even in recording mode, I see audio going thru the instrument track but its not printing midi data, since its happening only when I use Strike, I think its related to midi channels inside the plugin but I have no idea how to figure it out.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:47 PM

I believe PT has a feature that allows any track that is selected to pass any MIDI input to the instrument on that track. It doesn't mean that there is actually MIDI being routed to the track though. You need to open the "Instrument" panel view, and make sure the MIDI data is triggering the MIDI meter (not the same as the audio meter). If not, you need to route your controller to your instrument manually.

Edit: Oh, and it probably has nothing to do with Strike, since MIDI goes to the track first, and THEN to the instrument on the track.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcioguitar View Post
I have a controller and everything, but there is no print in the edit window, even in recording mode, I see audio going thru the instrument track but its not printing midi data, since its happening only when I use Strike, I think its related to midi channels inside the plugin but I have no idea how to figure it out.
Okay, if you are triggering in Style Mode, disable 'Latch' and play within the Play Zone (blue keys). Strike by default will assign the Instrument track MIDI Output to Strike Channel 1.

If however you are using Strike in Kit Mode, you will need to assign the Instrument track MIDI Output to Strike Channel 2.

filosofem
Old 01-09-2009, 07:04 PM

A picture can speak a thousand words! (this one's moving too, so do the math)

http://airvirtualinstruments.blogspo...-sessions.html

That should sort you out.

Founder of the Expert Sites.