Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-21-2008, 09:07 AM

Default Plug In Issues under PT8 - Full List with Solutions Here

If you are experiencing plug-in issues after upgrading to Pro Tools 8, then you please list the issue here.

Before you do, please make sure you have taken all the steps outlined by Digidesign prior and after installation to trouble shoot, you can find this here http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=229829

This list is for PT8 running on Mac OS X, if you wish to start one for other version, please make sure it is listed in the appropriate part of the DUC. This will save confusion for both those listing issues and also those looking for solutions.

Also remember to give us as much information as possible, MINIMUM is hardware, OS version, plug-in version and interface used.

Please do not use this thread for anything other than its intended purpose. Also please make sure you use the SEARCH facility within the DUC before posting and issue, this can save you a great deal of time.

Finally Digi Tech Support are working flat out to resolve issues found so far, so please be patient and also please refrain from posting emotional outbursts (however frustrated you are). Hopefully we can compile a definative list and get to solutions quickly.

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Plug In Issues under PT8 - Full List with Solutions Here

OK from searching the DUC so far early reports are:

EZ Drummer: Some reports of it not running and others of it showing a weird VI. http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=234184
Latest update is that the mixer does not work, when clicking on the faders in the mixer section of EZD numbers appear and no fader action possible. Also unable to allocate separate outputs.MacBookPro 1st Gen 1.83,2gb, 10.5.5, Digi 002R, Firewire drive

Superior Drummer: Slow performance. http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=234184

Stereo Mixer and Surround Mixer: Solution here http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=233996

Old 12-21-2008, 11:15 AM

Thumbs up Re: Plug In Issues under PT8 - Full List with Solutions Here

Good work Russ.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:22 PM

Toontrack Superior 2.0.2, Overloud Breverb and TH1 would sound fine but the plugs' interfaces would not respond if you opened saved sessions in PT8...
Old 12-21-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_hyy View Post
Toontrack Superior 2.0.2, Overloud Breverb and TH1 would sound fine but the plugs' interfaces would not respond if you opened saved sessions in PT8...
More info please.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:03 PM

Issue/Plugin: Addictive Drums v 1.1.1
ProTools LE 8.0

Crashes any session unless plugin is removed from the folder. My only fix was to remove plugin - and awaiting response from XLN. Prefs, permissions, and other files did not impact this crash.

Intel Mac
OSX 10.5.6
4GB RAM
Digi Rack 002

Last edited by GretschGuy; 12-22-2008 at 05:18 AM. Reason: error in plugin version
Old 12-21-2008, 04:05 PM

Issue - Wont recognise Reason, comes up with the message - Engine not responding please check your rewire host. On 10.5.5 and using Reason 4.0.1
Old 12-21-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
More info please.
Well, lets say if I have a saved session that contains Superior 2, TH1, and Breverb, these plugs would play back okay, but if i open them, their interfaces would show up but not responding to any clicking... so I would not be able to change the settings on these plugs unless I close them and reopen them... >.<
Old 12-21-2008, 06:19 PM

The Vienna Instruments Server Interface "Show Window" does not respond to mouse rollover.

I created a new session, created a stereo Instrument Track, and inserted Vienna Instruments (VI) Special Edition. The blue VI interface appeared and I loaded a matrix. The matrix loaded and I could play it with my controller. I closed the VI interface. I clicked on the VI insert button in the Pro Tools Instrument Track. The Vienna Instruments Server Interface appears.

*When I attempt to click on the "Show Window" button in order to see the VI interface, I can't. The button is "unclickable." Normally, when you rollover the button with the mouse, it lets you know you can click on it. This does not happen, and clicking on the button produces nothing.*

Apple iMac, 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM
OS X 10.5.5
Pro Tools 8
Vienna Instruments v2.0.3238
MBOX2 Pro

Edit: I found that if I change the MIDI out of the Instrument Track (say, from channel 1 to channel 2), I am again able to click the "Show Window" button. If I close the VI interface, I must again change the MIDI out in order to view the VI interface again.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_hyy View Post
Well, lets say if I have a saved session that contains Superior 2, TH1, and Breverb, these plugs would play back okay, but if i open them, their interfaces would show up but not responding to any clicking... so I would not be able to change the settings on these plugs unless I close them and reopen them... >.<
Sorry to be a pain, but please list system spec, interface etc.it helps Digi help us.