Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-17-2001, 06:51 PM

Default Urgent!! Please Help.

I was tracking a session when my system crashed. When I brought it up again the whole thing is really slow. It takes about 6 or 7 seconds from the time I press record to the time it actually starts recording!! I restarted the computer, rebuilt the desktop. Trashed PT 5.1 Prefs, DAE prefs, Digisetup. Limited "open ended recording" to 60 Min....Limited levels of undo to 8. Anybody have any other suggestions????

Thanks.
Old 04-18-2001, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Urgent!! Please Help.

Check to see if your DAE buffer settings have changed.

Lee Blaske
Old 04-18-2001, 06:10 AM

Check the drive with Disk Warrior. Even if no files need repairing due to the crash, it'll straighten out your directories so the drive should work more effeciently.

Also, unless you're recording material that could require an hour of continuous audio, set the open ended recording time at about 10 minutes, which should speed things up considerably. I'd check all PT's prescribed CPU settings too (i.e. disk cache 512k; DAE buffer, as Lee said; platinum sounds off; etc; etc) just to make sure nothing's been altered.

Warmest Regards,
Brian
Old 04-18-2001, 07:43 AM
Avid

-In addition to the previous suggestions, make sure that the MIDI Countoff button is disabled in the MIDI Controls section of the Transport.

Brent