Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2000, 06:13 AM

Default Waves TrueVerb

Has anyone??? used this plug-in to their satisfaction?

D
Old 05-17-2000, 06:43 AM

Default Re: Waves TrueVerb

Sure! I've used it often with only the early reflections active as a pre-reverb room sound (to emulate an orchestra on stage). Otherwise its pretty tinny, but again I use those early reflections now and again. Of course a few delays will do the same sometimes....

-adam
Old 05-17-2000, 07:48 AM

Yes Trueverb works well on many things. I use it a lot for very short reverb settings and also for "authentic" room sounds. It's different than Lexiverb or TC Megareverb, but it has it's place.
Old 05-18-2000, 12:43 AM

Yeah: TrueVerb does it's job well, but to get the best results, you need some time to hear the relations between the different parameters. I've been able to reproduce a (actual) concerthall for a recording that was faded to soon by a technician without ears (you know the kind). I was amazed I got it done with TrueVerb.

------------------
Arno Peeters
www.tapetv.nl
Old 05-18-2000, 11:52 AM

The Guitar Room on an Amp Farm setting is pretty bad ass, IMHO.
Old 05-20-2000, 05:18 AM

I use PTIII nubus - the omly choices are, d-verb, trueverb or TC reverb. d-verb is a good no frills plug in. TC can often acheive 'lush' sound. I use Trueverb the most because I can achieve a nice verb without the'tin' sound. BUT you have to get used to it and work with it for a while until you find what works for you. I record fast guitar heavy rock'n'roll. Other styles may be more suitable to other verbs. Your mileage may vary.
I tend to start with one of the plate presets and work from there. The interface can be difficult to get used to. But it offers great flexibilty too.
The TC reverb can be too much(I don't like 'lush' verbs) for the style of music I record. I like the subtle effect that I can achieve with Trueverb.

punk